Skip to content

bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

549 results found

1. Adding a "Restart bliss" option to the web interface.

This is a feature that I did not think would be needed, but with the latest version being released I was not able to see the update from the web UI until bliss was restarted. Since I run bliss on CentOS, there is no provided init scripts and the one I have created only starts bliss so the easiest and quickest way for me to reboot bliss is to bounce my server (which also serves media via SubSonic).

The update process restarts bliss at the end so I assume the code for a restart is already written and could easily…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Display more files

Redesign the main interface page to take up less real estate and dedicate more lines for the display read out.

I have Thousands of files and viewing them on a screen 96 at a time is difficult. Increasing the default to 250 or 500 or 1000 or all would be awesome.

Also tighten up the display a smaller font and no lines spacing between the lines would be helpful

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When typing a genre within the album - editing album - when typing in, there would be nice to see list of the Genres starting with the typed

When typing a genre within the album - editing album - when typing in, there would be nice to see list of the Genres starting with the typed letters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Use variables in cover art file name

Use variable such as <album name> when Bliss downloads and renames album art for the folder.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. [BIG ONE] Changing bliss to a task queue work flow style.

I believe this idea will fundamentally improve the usability of bliss. I purchased bliss in hope it would save me huge amount of time w/ managing a music collection of (5000+ albums and growing...) However, I found bliss saved me some time, but not that much!

What I realize is while bliss' idea and its features are great, the productivity issue is in the UI workflow design.

Bliss automatically scans library in the background, but most fix actions are designed to be done interactive(in real time). I found I choose the non-compliant album and click on fix, and then WAIT

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Always album track listing, with optional potential duplicate file indication

On an album's page, there is no track listing unless the File Organization Rules are active (if disabled, no track file info at all). One would expect to see both track names and filenames should be listed. The workarounds, to go via the Tags page, or enable the file-org rule(s), are suboptimal.

Moreover, if potential duplicates could be indicated in the track list (and propagated to the album overview), it would make cleaning up large aggregated collections a little less frustrating.

The duplicate detection could be as simple as a case-insensitive comparison of the filename (e.g. "There are 4 similarly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Artwork per album

1. would it be possible to display whether per album each music file has the same artwork or not?
    2. Could you make the arwork visible when one highlights one or more songs of an album in the TAG page?
    3. can you allow to change the artwork (i.e. add/ remove/ copy/ paste) directly in the TAG page?
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. deleting data

It would be nice to be able to delete albums easily

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to clear and rescan part of the filesystem.

I've been using Bliss to sort out my aged and varied collection and it's working very well but... a full rescan takes hours so it would be useful to be able to recan just a part of the filesystem (eg .../The Artist).

I know that you can use Bliss to edit tags but it's much quicker to rip through files with shell commands, delete duff albums, rename artists etc and then get Bliss to check it out afterwards.

The database must know the filepath so it could verify that the files it thought were there still are (and clean it's…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Messaging could be clearer here?

I have an EP, and it seems to be "Not found",which is fair enough. But I am havng real difficulty loading this one manually....Not sure what is the underlying issue ...

Here is what I see.

Didn't pass through [LazyLoadAlbum] Before I Come Home by Hunter and the Bear Disc: [not loaded] Tracks: LazyLoadTrack[name=[On The Run],nodes=[JaudioTaggerStorageNode[full id=file:/storage/music/flac/Hunter%20and%20the%20Bear/Before%20I%20come%20Home/On%20The%20Run.flac,root=/storage/music/flac]]] LazyLoadTrack[name=[Rise],nodes=[JaudioTaggerStorageNode[full id=file:/storage/music/flac/Hunter%20and%20the%20Bear/Before%20I%20come%20Home/4%20-%20%20Rise.flac,root=/storage/music/flac]]] LazyLoadTrack[name=[Montana Men],nodes=[JaudioTaggerStorageNode[full id=file:/storage/music/flac/Hunter%20and%20the%20Bear/Before%20I%20come%20Home/Montana%20Men.flac,root=/storage/music/flac]]] LazyLoadTrack[name=[Rise],nodes=[JaudioTaggerStorageNode[full id=file:/storage/music/flac/Hunter%20and%20the%20Bear/Before%20I%20come%20Home/Rise.flac,root=/storage/music/flac]]] LazyLoadTrack[name=[Pick Me Up],nodes=[JaudioTaggerStorageNode[full id=file:/storage/music/flac/Hunter%20and%20the%20Bear/Before%20I%20come%20Home/Pick%20Me%20Up.flac,root=/storage/music/flac]]] for assessment because some of tracks don't exist: JaudioTaggerStorageNode[full id=file:/storage/music/flac/Hunter%20and%20the%20Bear/Before%20I%20come%20Home/4%20-%20%20Rise.flac,root=/storage/music/flac]

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add logic to conditionally use tags in filename

i like to name my files with as little info as possible, but as much info as necessary in order to be able to clearly allocate the correct artist, album and track:

<artist> - <album> - <discnumber:nn if greater than 1><tracknumber:nn> - <songtitle>

example for a single disc album song:

Jim Morrison - An American Prayer - 02 - Ghost Song.mp3

example for a multi-disc album song:

Booker T. & The MG's - Time Is Tight - 0208 - Johnny, I Love You.mp3

i suggest to be able to conditionally use tags in the filename such as "IF discnumber >…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add shortcut to synonlogy DSM desk

I integrate your Bliss software in my synonlogy.
    It would great to have direct access, with a shortcut to bliss.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include any pre-existing images in a directory (aka folder) when looking for alternative images.

Over the decades a lot of my music directories have collected various images in various filenames for use by various devices (Dension, Squeezebox, Ithings etc).

Now I'm embedding images for my latest in-car system (which seems to have suffered the backwards step of requiring embedded images), it seems a little silly to be looking on the net for images when they probably exist right next to the audio files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add options to rescan button to rescan specific types

Add more options to the rescan button for rescanning albums of the different statuses, and for forgetting and rescanning albums of specific statuses. I am thinking:

• Re-scan all Unknown
    • Re-scan all Compliant
    • Re-scan all Non-Compliant
    • Purge all Unknown and Re-scan
    • Purge all Compliant and Re-scan
    • Purge all Non-Compliant and Re-scan

I often want to re-scan my collection, but don't need to re-scan the albums which are known as compliant, so being able to re-scan just the ones that need re-scanning would speed things up no end. Especially the ones that are "Unknown".

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to play untagged tracks through the browser

When faced with a collection of untagged tracks with no suggestions it would be nice if it was possibly to play the track via the web ui to assist in working out what the track is. Currently one needs to navigate the file system of the stored music and play the file, which is possible, but not nearly as simple.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Playlist

1. would be great if Bliss would permit to read and edit the content of an existing playlist 2.I am looking forward for Bliss (or another program) to allow copying music from library to e.g. USB drive using an existing playlist.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Write musicbrainz IDs (MUSICBRAINZ_ID) into files (release, track, recording...)

I'm not sure what exactly bliss does when it is fingerprinting but it would be helpful if it could write the MBIDs that it either generates or receives from MusicBrainz into the files.

Reason: The popular Squeezebox TrackStat plugin can use these to identify songs even after they have been moved or renamed. If there are no Track IDs in the files, all TrackStat statistics (Playcount, rating etc) will be lost if files are renamed or moved.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. process improvements.

I am processing 170,000 files. So I have some comments on this very good software...
    1) Please allow me to auto-accept size and track number changes without clicking each album
    2) Please have some intelligence in the Genre such that "country" automatically becomes "Country", (as well as "Singer-Songwriter --> Singer/Songwriter", "R&b --> R&B"), etc. And let me autoaccept those
    3) Please give me a way to clear out all uncessary information that is not part of the standard IDV tags (and clear out any comments, etc, that are part of the tags standard but are not necessary).
    4) Please don't…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the "Set to" genre fixes, allow multiple genres to be set

Being able to tag songs with multiple tags through the UI or automatically.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

bliss

Categories