Skip to content

bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

549 results found

1. Automatic mirroring of music libraries to different music file formats

While ripping lossless (to FLAC or some other codec) is always advised there are times when we need lossy music files.

One example is for portable players. Lossless files take up a LOT of space, so it's more efficient to play OGGs or MP3s or whatever.

In other cases, some music players simply don't work with certain codecs. iTunes doesn't play FLAC out-of-the-box, for instance.

This idea would add a rule to maintain multiple mirrors of your music library. Your current music library becomes the source. You then declare multiple extra libraries, with the desired music file format in each…

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Auto update iTunes when bliss has changed an album

bliss integrates with iTunes by editing the music files that iTunes reads into its database. For artwork, it embeds the artwork into the file.

However, iTunes does not know that tags have been changed or artwork has been added. You have to use the "Get Info" option in the iTunes interface, for instance, to force iTunes to rescan for artwork.

Instead, bliss should tell iTunes that it should rescan automatically, once tags or artwork have been changed.

Note that a separate idea for rescanning iTunes when file locations have been changed already exists: http://bliss.uservoice.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/1450921-update-itunes-database-when-bliss-moves-files

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Replay Gain / volume levelling rule

bliss should add a Replay Gain or volume levelling rule so that all music in my music collection can be levelled for volume.

As discussed: http://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2010/11/03/mp3-volume-replay-gain/

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A search function.

A search function to make it easier for finding objects in large music libraries.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Automatically rename genres

Is it possible to automatically rename genre? Otherwise it always asks to confirm.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Carry on from where it left off

Having Bliss back to work where it left off when restarting would be very useful especially for NAS devices with scheduled start / stop package.
    (allows you to run Bliss only at night to save memory/cpu when you use the NAS at day)

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. automatic search and replace of genres

With a look-up table, one could convert, for example, genres such as OBC, Broadway, Musicals, Original Cast, Cast Album and so forth all to the same, uniform genre (in this case, I might prefer to have them all tagged as Original Cast). This could also be used to reduce the number of genres. Yes, it reduces specificity but it might be nice to have all jazz listed as jazz, instead of "stride piano," "ragtime" "dixieland" "trad jazz" "modern jazz" "contemporary jazz" and so forth.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add options to rescan button to rescan specific types

Add more options to the rescan button for rescanning albums of the different statuses, and for forgetting and rescanning albums of specific statuses. I am thinking:

• Re-scan all Unknown
    • Re-scan all Compliant
    • Re-scan all Non-Compliant
    • Purge all Unknown and Re-scan
    • Purge all Compliant and Re-scan
    • Purge all Non-Compliant and Re-scan

I often want to re-scan my collection, but don't need to re-scan the albums which are known as compliant, so being able to re-scan just the ones that need re-scanning would speed things up no end. Especially the ones that are "Unknown".

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Missing tracks in albums should be detected

Title says it all I think.

BLISS should (optionally) check if an album in a collection is complete or if it's missing songs and possibly even display the missing ones, so I know which ones to buy.

Pretty much like this beets plugin http://beets.readthedocs.io/en/v1.3.19/plugins/missing.html

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide a "Preferred Size" Option for Selecting Album Art

I am generally choosing Album Art at 500x500. I can obviously use min/max to reduce the number of options, but it would be an ideal alternative if I could also select "Preferred Size" and have Bliss choose album art which matches or is close - Max/Min size would still be useful to give to give Bliss a certain amount of leeway (or even better, you could choose to accept any art within say, 10% of this size).

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The ability to check the integrity of music files.

One way or another in large collections there always seems to be a few corrupt files. Existing programs to check music file integrity don't work well on large collections and it would be great if this was an integral part of Bliss.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Use the folder and file name to help identify songs, albums and other tags when no tags exist

When a file is taged with just the words 'Album' / 'Artist' or just rubbish, try and identify the tag details from the folder or path name. Also give an option to see the path on the Album (or Artist) page so you can copy and paste the details into the right place from the path manually

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Normalize filenames, i.e. replace umlauts and special characters

In order to be best compatible with different systems (Windows, Mac, Linux) or different file systems, it would be nice if bliss would be able to use a limited character set for naming directories and files.

Syncing different systems if e.g. file names contain umlauts like "Die Ärzte" sometimes causes problems, because the files are not considered to be the same by the synchronization software.

Different systems also have different file name restrictions, e.g. Windows does not allow colons, while Linux does. On the Mac, colons in file names are somehow treated as forward slashes.

I would really like bliss…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Username and password to access bliss

An admin user and password account is a must. Authorisation should be delivered via HTTP basic authentication at least.

Later (but this is not the subject of this idea), further accounts with read only and/or write access would be great. Access control could allow read/write access to certain things such as certain albums, artists etc. Some accounts would be able to reorganise certain things. This would be especially useful if future API functions are made available.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. List recently added albums first

Sometimes album art is added and the album is compliant, but it was a slightly different cover to the one you wanted e.g. special edition.

An option to list recently added albums first, would be excellent so you can easily see them as they are added, and select alternative album art.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be Able To Choose Album Art from Your Existing Collection

For Double Albums, Bliss will sometimes fail to find a matching cover for Disc 2. You may have chosen a particular cover for Disc 1 and then find that the only covers available for Disc 2 do not match. This could be fixed if one of your options for choosing Cover Art was from your existing collection of covers - especially if it was shown in "Most Recently Added" order - you could choose the same cover as you chose for Disc 1 with a couple of clicks. At the moment, my only option is to separately upload cover.jog from…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allowing for custom sizes and dimensions for the album art minimum and maximum settings.

My sonos system allows artwork up to 320kb and 1024x1024, but I can't specify those values (unless I'm missing something). Would be nice if I could add those in a 'Custom' setting.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. not to rescan all after adding a Genre

Each time I allow a new Genre to Bliss starts rescanning every single file.
    Even if there is a good reason for that I suggest it does so only if requested.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. [BIG ONE] Changing bliss to a task queue work flow style.

I believe this idea will fundamentally improve the usability of bliss. I purchased bliss in hope it would save me huge amount of time w/ managing a music collection of (5000+ albums and growing...) However, I found bliss saved me some time, but not that much!

What I realize is while bliss' idea and its features are great, the productivity issue is in the UI workflow design.

Bliss automatically scans library in the background, but most fix actions are designed to be done interactive(in real time). I found I choose the non-compliant album and click on fix, and then WAIT

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The ability to catalogue the library

The ability to produce, print and export a "catalogue" of the music library which could be sorted by album, artist, quality etc.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

bliss