I suggest ...

A search function.

A search function to make it easier for finding objects in large music libraries.

86 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Shawn KernenShawn Kernen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ralph MartinRalph Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can search for albums by initial letter - why not the same for artists? And why no free text search?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should not be too strict - I have so many albums whose titles starts with "the". I would want the search to work even it I didn't type "the". As someone else suggested, matching artist and album name at the same time would also help.

• Kent WilliamsKent Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I suggested to Dan, a compact searching box with drag & drop would make working with Ableton Live easier.

• Neil BirdNeil Bird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it'd be nice to see an interactive (like google) matches-anything search (title, artist, genre, maybe filename, etc.).

• Dan GravellAdminDan Gravell (Founder and programmer, bliss) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I merged Matt Jenkins idea into this one:

"Being able to search your database for artists, albums, albums of a specific genre, etc would be a huge bonus.

When you have thousands of albums spread amongst many hundreds of artists finding the album or artist within the artist and album displays is an onerous task. A simple search box that returns simple text matches for artist, album, genre, etc., would be a good start. Advanced searches where you can search for strings within the specific topics of artist, album, genre etc., would be even better."

• Dan GravellAdminDan Gravell (Founder and programmer, bliss) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. As more stuff is added to the interface, a search function becomes one of the easiest way of finding things.

I think it should be top level (accessible from any page) and it shouldn't just search for albums, artists etc.... it should also search for bliss concepts. E.g. search for 'settings' - suggests a settings page. Search for 'albums' - suggests the album overview page. Anyway, that's a vision, maybe first step would just be album/artist search as you say.

Feedback and Knowledge Base