Skip to content

bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

549 results found

1. Enforcing preferential tags over compliant tags

There are time when one would prefer the tagging for an album be modified from its "found" compliance. An example would be when an artist tag, say Mary Eggers, is normally found as compliant when shown as "Eggers, Mary", but one would prefer Mary Eggers. The problem is that after editing the tag, upon a rescan, Bliss often flags the album as non compliant, or worse, "fixes" the tagging back to the original, unwanted tagging. User Preferential Tagging should exist, even if a music folder so customized might not be compatible/compliant with other music players

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Show all albums on the page

Can we have 'all' - I have a fast machine and want to not have to page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Case rules for auto renaming albums, tracks, etc: adding a word list that can be edited by the user

When renaming album or track titles, artists, etc., there is an option to use title cases, except for closed words. This function works well for most albumd, but not for all. For example, albums that are in a different language than English or albums that contain abreviatians can't properly be corrected by this auto option. Therefore I'd like to see an option to have the user add specific words that should be exempted from the standard rule.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show Windows network folders

The product doesn't seem to recognize files which are on a Western Digital MyCloud device - ie, the drop-down select shows C and D drives, but not Network. Could this be added?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. having a look at this error:

8 Changes have not been made. (hide details)

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 8
    at org.mapdb.Volume$ByteBufferVol.getDataInput(Volume.java:387)
    at org.mapdb.Volume$ByteBufferVol.getDataInput(Volume.java:1)
    at org.mapdb.StoreDirect.get2(StoreDirect.java:448)
    at org.mapdb.StoreWAL.get2(StoreWAL.java:336)
    at org.mapdb.StoreWAL.get(StoreWAL.java:320)
    at org.mapdb.Caches$WeakSoftRef.get(Caches.java:481)
    at org.mapdb.EngineWrapper.get(EngineWrapper.java:58)
    at org.mapdb.HTreeMap.putInner(HTreeMap.java:526)
    at org.mapdb.HTreeMap.put(HTreeMap.java:488)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.MapDbMusicModel.updateCompliancyBare(MapDbMusicModel.java:940)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.MapDbMusicModel.resetAllCompliancy(MapDbMusicModel.java:787)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.model.WrapperMusicModel.resetAllCompliancy(WrapperMusicModel.java:48)
    at com.elsten.bliss.client.AbstractConfigurationEdit.enforceAll(AbstractConfigurationEdit.java:19)
    at com.elsten.bliss.client.impl.AggregatedPolicyConfigurationEdit.commit(AggregatedPolicyConfigurationEdit.java:24)
    at com.elsten.bliss.ui.model.Configuration$.commit(Configuration.scala:491)
    at com.elsten.bliss.ui.snippet.PolicyConfiguration$$anonfun$com$elsten$bliss$ui$snippet$PolicyConfiguration$$checkAndSave$1$1.apply$mcV$sp(PolicyConfiguration.scala:140)
    at
    <snip>

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Normalize filenames, i.e. replace umlauts and special characters

In order to be best compatible with different systems (Windows, Mac, Linux) or different file systems, it would be nice if bliss would be able to use a limited character set for naming directories and files.

Syncing different systems if e.g. file names contain umlauts like "Die Ärzte" sometimes causes problems, because the files are not considered to be the same by the synchronization software.

Different systems also have different file name restrictions, e.g. Windows does not allow colons, while Linux does. On the Mac, colons in file names are somehow treated as forward slashes.

I would really like bliss…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A plugin API to customize bliss

I would like to be able to do small customizations on the file organisation. It would be ideal if i could do so myself. having hooks and a documented api would enable me to do so. Also with a good system of plugins alternative solutions can be chosen by different people, just choose the plugins you want to get the desired behavior.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. See the kbps rate

Would be nice to see the bit rate of the encoded file (mp3. m4a...etc). I usually delete or move to another folder low kbps rate files. It would also be nice to see if that's a VBR or if CBR

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add album art aspect ratio to compliance

99.9999% of album art is square as it is from a CD or vinyl cover, which is also square. Some album art online, while valid, is not square. Some are slightly rectangular, having the top and/or bottom slightly trimmed. This is annoying.

If the cover art system could be told (optionally) to exclude any images that aren't 1:1 aspect ratio (within a certain percentage, say two or three pixels either way), so that all the images you get presented with (and it auto detects while fixing) are square it would overcome the problem.

The cover art selector could have a…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Filter ARTISTS by compliance type

I'd like to be able to filter the ARTIST by compliance type (especially non-compliant). This is possible now to filter for Albums that are non-compliant, so I'd like the same filtering features for Artists.

I'd like to sort out the compliance for some Artists that I am keen on first, and others are low priority, or could even be ignored.

Apologies if this idea has apready been suggested (or if it exists somehow in bliss in a way that I dont know then please just let me know).
    Thanks, Adam

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allowing for custom sizes and dimensions for the album art minimum and maximum settings.

My sonos system allows artwork up to 320kb and 1024x1024, but I can't specify those values (unless I'm missing something). Would be nice if I could add those in a 'Custom' setting.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Reporting read-only files

For some weird reason, some of my track files were marked as read-only. This meant Bliss could not update missing ID3v2 tags, but it didn't report the problem either. Once I found the problem (as reported by J River Media Center) I managed to use Bliss to fix the tracks successfully.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatically suggest image files of same folder as cover.

Some covers are hard to locate on the internet in large resolution, but I already have many in a subfolder called 'covers' per album.
    Perhaps you can display these covers (the .jpg files wich are in the same folder as the mp3/flac and/or those in a subfolder called 'covers') immediately on the 'choose an alternative' tab.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Use of ORIGINAL Release date instead of Reissue date and Album Label / Publisher

As a long time collector the original release date has always been important to me for at least a couple reasons. Take a jazz artist like Miles Davis as a simple example whose work spans 4 decades. Knowing where a particular album falls historically within his body of work has more relevance / usefulness in my opinion than a reissue date that will continue to change over & over. Additionally, original release dates really help keep things in perspective for those of us that have been listening obsessively for years. It used to be easy to know approximately where music…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We need to be able to see the whole filename when manually adding tags

WIthout seeing the complete file name I can't know what song it is.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Failure to install artwork

Hello,

I'm getting errors when I try to select artwork for a CD. I'm selecting artwork that Bliss has automatically found on the internet. I'm using a Synology machine to run Bliss.

I get failure messages like the one below:

Exception while executing To install http://api.onemusicapi.com/20140925/images/caa/d2460d8f-a017-4faf-97b7-7f216cd00ca9/1563120989.jpg (273 x 280) java.lang.NullPointerException at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage.file.jaudiotagger.tag.CoverArtTagFieldMapper.getValue(CoverArtTagFieldMapper.java:28) at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage.file.jaudiotagger.tag.JaudioTaggerTag.getArtwork(JaudioTaggerTag.java:409) at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage.file.jaudiotagger.tag.FileLevelJaudioTaggerTag.getArtwork(FileLevelJaudioTaggerTag.java:147) at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage.file.jaudiotagger.JaudioTaggerStorageNode.getArtwork(JaudioTaggerStorageNode.java:213) at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.coverartpolicy.EmbeddedInstallStorageStrategyInstaller.storeArt(EmbeddedInstallStorageStrategyInstaller.java:94) at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.coverartpolicy.EmbeddedInstallStorageStrategyInstaller.install(EmbeddedInstallStorageStrategyInstaller.java:81) at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.coverartpolicy.CompositeStorageStrategyInstaller.install(CompositeStorageStrategyInstaller.java:53) at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.coverartpolicy.CompositeStorageStrategyInstaller.install(CompositeStorageStrategyInstaller.java:53) at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.coverartpolicy.UserResponseCoverArtAssist.execute(UserResponseCoverArtAssist.java:141) at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy2.PerFixLicensedPolicyCommandExecutor.executeResponse(PerFixLicensedPolicyCommandExecutor.java:81) at com.elsten.bliss.ui.model.Responses$.execResponse(Responses.scala:31) at com.elsten.bliss.ui.model.Responses$.com$elsten$bliss$ui$model$Responses$$execResponse(Responses.scala:42) at com.elsten.bliss.ui.model.Responses$$anon$1.run(Responses.scala:51) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Covers by Date

Hi, I am enjoying your program. Anyway, I'd really love it if Bliss would have an option to look at the covers it adds by date making it easier to double check things without having repeatedly look through the whole collection. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Adding a "right click" to analyze tags and art with BLISS.

Adding a "right click" to analyze tags and art with BLISS. This would allow a way to check a mp3 without having to do a full scan with BLISS.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

bliss

Categories