Skip to content

bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

549 results found

1. Make compliance active from Rules with single button click

After library analysis according my rules I got the result:
    Artwork Too large - 278; Incorrect image format-156; but I already explicit put the rules previously so why do I have to go one by one to make clicks to do this actions. I bought bliss for batch and massive actions over a big, probably huge music collection. If I have to make it effective one by one it's a complete waste of time! Probably it's good to be presented like it was but then it should have the option to make it effective! If I'm seeing it wrongly or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Official iTunes Genres list in the Genre consolidation pull down menu

Would it be possible to have the option of the level 1 and level 2 genres that iTunes supports available in the Genre consolidation menu? The list is viewable at https://affiliate.itunes.apple.com/resources/documentation/genre-mapping/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix priority and dependency

So you have a list of all the fixiable issues but should they only be clickable if they do not upset another clickable fix of say incorrect path (especially when you have auto move set) Or even would be helpful if the fixes are given priorities over other fixes so like a priority system that you should click on 1st before anything else?(perhaps with a coloured red green blue highlighted key ) Just so you know what you should click 1st beore a rescan

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. An alpha grouping to speed navigating through artists and albums

A quick short-cut link menu across the top of the albums and artists web pages like [A][B][C][D]...[Z] to allow jumping ahead to the targeted album or artist. Far quicker than having to page through all items whether from beginning or end.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Take non-audio files to the new directory when renaming albums

I think subject says it all. When bliss is auto-renaming files and album directories according to tags and if the album name is different than the directory where the current album is stored, it creates a new directory in correspondance to the album name and moves all files there in, however non audio files (like pdf, additional art directories) are left behind in the original directory. The make this fantastic feature really useful, the whole content of the old directory should be moved to the new one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sort feature in the Tags screen

Would allow sorting by column--artist, album, genre, track name.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add an "ignore words" list under Settings to facilitate proper sorting of albums and artists.

For example, "a" and "the" could be on the ignore list by default such that "The Nightmare Before Christmas" gets sorted with the N albums, not the T albums.

Making the list a modifiable setting would allow a user to add words for albums in other languages. For example, the user might choose to add "la", "le" and "les" to ensure that "La boite aux jeux jeux" gets sorted with the B albums, not the L albums.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. a compliance setting to ensure artwork is consistent across all album tracks

Whilst cleaning up id tags in beta version of PerfectTunes for Mac discovered that there were some music files with singular embedded artwork but they were not consistent across the whole album.

Bliss confirmed artwork was compliant with just one embedded artwork per file but occassionally there were differences across the album. For example two different album covers or more often two different file sizes.

It would be useful to have Bliss scan music tracks and alert you to those that have different artwork across one album.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Cloud based version

Cloud version that can connect to OneDrive and manage the files there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Varying names" filter in Artist browsing

In the Browse by Artist view, there could be a filter "Varying names" that limits the artists shown to those potentially being variations of the same name, like "Beatles", "BEATLES", The Beatles", "Beatles, The" and so on.

That would greatly help to spot these misfits and correct them from within Bliss.

The rules for this could start with simply removing "the" and characters like whitespace, comma etc, and then doing a case insensitive comparison.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow alternative capitalization rules for album and track to accommodate foreign language titles.

For example, in French, there are three sets of capitalization rules that are generally acceptable for titles (see http://french.about.com/library/writing/bl-capitalizationoftitles.htm for specifics). So "Au moment d'être à vous" is correct capitalization for a French language album or track name.

There are a several ways this could be done. One is to allow the user to select his/her own capitalization rules from a tick list of allowable rule sets. Another would be to allow the user to define his/her rules in a way similar to how file path/names can be defined now. A third way might be to detect non-English patterns in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Resourses or Throttle or Set priority of functions

What about a number tag or slider bar to throttle bliss altogether i.e run in background or half or full according to resouses ?

I dont know if there would be any benefit or possibilty of doing this according to different functions or parts of Bliss.

However just a thought so that if using the PC or NAS to stream at the same time I could set Bliss to background or even pause quickly

All teh best Ian.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Save whole different multiple configurations & restore from file/location

Useful feature would be to be able to save & reload diffierent configs for dirrent family library preferences, situations or experimentation so you can save & reload say Sarahs,Toms, Dick, Harry music .

Also usefulif I have to reload Bliss onto a different PC / Nas due to failure of system or upgrade etc. Then all I need is a simple saved file that was previously backed up somewhere rather than trying to remember all the various tag settings etc. Perhaps even the whole database so it doesnt have to rescan 1000s of files.

Thoughts on a post card

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatically Audit Lossless Music Files with Aucdetect (Or Another Equivalent).

The idea would be to provide another library auditing feature which would use aucdetect or another trusted lossless verification tool for detecting lossy sources which have been simply re-encoded into WAV, FLAC, etc.

This problem is more typical when buying CD's as it's not clear if the CD contains the actual studio PCM audio compressed to the CD Standard, or if MP3's were just re-encoded into the CD Audio standard.

For Reference:
    http://tausoft.org/wiki/True_Audio_Checker_Overview
    http://losslessaudiochecker.com/

I can certainly understand if this idea is out of scope for Bliss's intentions, I just have not found a good way personally to audit my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. tag interface feature improvements

It would be helpful if:
    1) you could click on a column heading to change to sort by it in ascending or descending
    2) you could select multiple rows to paste a change (this is how I'm populating "Album Artist" when missing")

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automatic Removal of Duplicate Artwork

I would like to suggest an option or flag be entered in settings to automatically remove duplicate artwork.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. adding support for music stored on Google Drive or other cloud storage services (e.g. Dropbox)

in addition to locally attached (or presumably also network drives that appear local to Bliss), it would be nice to leverage libraries that reside in various cloud storage services.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Alert Synology media indexer after moving files

As my music collection starts to get as compliant as it gets, I took it to the next level by enforcing file paths as well. This works so well, I created an inbox folder where I put the files, and Bliss takes care of the rest.

Unfortunately, on Synology this means the media indexer loses track of the file. It seems to be relatively easy to send an alert to rescan a certain folder.

My suggestion is to send an alert for every new folder Bliss has to create; so DS audio and all other media players "see" the newly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mass-review / Update of non-compliant items

Hello,
    First, sorry for the long post.
    Might I suggest a feature that is similar in output format to the Tag view output, but shows a list of changes for a type of tag, say Track Name with the current entry in one column and the suggested change in another and a third column with the commit button, but also a global commit button that will make all suggested changes.

For example, I have about 5000 entries that have invalid tag entries. These can vary from Genre to Track Name, but there are a lot of entries that need the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show album updates counter increase without refresh

The "Compliance is" counters should increase as the scan is being performed or when it is complete, but shouldn't require a page refresh.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

bliss