Skip to content

bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

549 results found

1. Keep database after upgrades

Hello,

After each upgrade Bliss has to scan all my library from scratch. Why doesn't Bliss keep the previous database and just upgrade the application?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adding a "right click" to analyze tags and art with BLISS.

Adding a "right click" to analyze tags and art with BLISS. This would allow a way to check a mp3 without having to do a full scan with BLISS.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Rule to set composer as (album) artist

As explained here: http://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2012/03/13/are-composers-artists/
    I would like to browse my classical music collection by composer. Mozart should be listed between Morrissey and My Bloody Valentine.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow for multiple sets of rules depending on single/album/soundtrack/compilation

I've always distinguished between singles and full albums.

Singles sit in the root folder, and take the form <artist> - <track name>. I do keep the meta-data accurate, so I can still tell what album the single comes from and what its track number is (and of course I want the album art), but the filename is structured to allow quick windows explorer parsing.

Albums are organized by artist: music<artist><album><track number> - <track name>. Of course, compilations and sound tracks are another matter.

It would be nice to be able to designate tracks as part of an album, singles, soundtracks,…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I picked this but there were choices

For missing cover art there may be a number of choices - have Bliss select one (the first one it finds perhaps?) and flag for the user to 'override' or 'accept'.

Right now I'm looking at >900 to choose manually, in lots of them the first picture found would be quite OK and would save me many hours of clicking. But flag them so that I can review the selection at leaisure.
    OK, this is essebtially what's going on right now, but the difference is that right now there's NO artwork - I'd rather have some with the wrong artwork…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Normalize filenames, i.e. replace umlauts and special characters

In order to be best compatible with different systems (Windows, Mac, Linux) or different file systems, it would be nice if bliss would be able to use a limited character set for naming directories and files.

Syncing different systems if e.g. file names contain umlauts like "Die Ärzte" sometimes causes problems, because the files are not considered to be the same by the synchronization software.

Different systems also have different file name restrictions, e.g. Windows does not allow colons, while Linux does. On the Mac, colons in file names are somehow treated as forward slashes.

I would really like bliss…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Don't alter the timestamps on the files

Bliss alters the timestamp on each file it fixes, this is really unwelcome behaviour. The timestamp is an important part of the metadata and I don't want it altered. I know that it is possible to change the file without altering the timestamp (on NTFS at least), could this feature be added?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allowing for custom sizes and dimensions for the album art minimum and maximum settings.

My sonos system allows artwork up to 320kb and 1024x1024, but I can't specify those values (unless I'm missing something). Would be nice if I could add those in a 'Custom' setting.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. dot character (".") as whitespace character (rather than _ or space)

I saw your post about underscores in file renaming.

http://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2010/06/28/spaces-in-music-filenames-just-say-no/

Is there any configuration options I can set to use a different character rather than the underscore?

I sorta like the "." character to separate.

The.Best.Of.Johnny.Cash
    vs
    TheBestOfJohnnyCash

You had mentioned there is support for the "-" character, but at the moment, it requires adopting a custom renaming rule as described at
    To get the hyphen you have to adopt a custom pattern as described here: http://www.blisshq.com/support/tutorials/tidy-music-folder-file-org.html And the UI for selecting that character doesnt really scale to allowing the user to pick (or even you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tag editor page based on the current view

The tag editor currently shows tags for all the albums in the database, but I think that it would be useful if it could display the tags of the current view, i.e. if I'm currently viewing all non compliant albums and select Tags, then I expect tags for all non compliant albums to be shown, and the same if I'm viewing all albums starting with a certain letter or albums of a certain artist.
    This leads to another point: a more flexible way to query the database. I think that bliss would be perfect if it featured a query builder,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Force Genres

It would be helpful to be able to use the existing map structure of windows to enforce genres. For instance when I scan one map where I have all my Jazz music it would be great if all albums during that scan would be forced to be renamed as Jazz. This would save a lot of time as there otherwise will be a lot of different suggestions ...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. reduce size for large art.... over 2 mb

i have some albums that have LARGE art in it that i want to reduce... and i cant findt it anywhere on the net... so would be supernice to be able to reduce the size even if over 2 mb

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add tag update feature

Don't know if this has been said before but could be super nice to update the tag from all the Free databases out there

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Find artwork for singles that are part of compilations

I have a number of 7" and 12" Singles in iTunes, many are recorded from vinyl, others are part of compilations, others just solo downloads from iTunes etc.

Would it be possible for Bliss to acknowledge things like compilations and, as an option in addition to ALBUM artwork, look up artwork based on TRACK name and ARTIST to find the single's artwork?

At present I have to do this manually via Discogs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Automatically re-sync music files with online databases

Where music files are tagged with a identifier for an online database (such as musicbrainz) the meta-data on the files versus what's in the live database diverge. It would be great to have bliss be able to periodically re-sync the files to the live database.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Wikipedia search button at artist and album level on web interface

With the correction of tags, year and genres it would be great if you added a button that opened a new webpage that used wikipedia (or maybe other music search engines that the user selects). If you are at artist level that is what it gives you a webpage about that artist so picking the correct genre is easier. If you are at the album level then it searches on the album and gives you that information. At the moment I am doing this manual as I try to edit/update metadata.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Musepack support

Someone's already requested aiff tag support, I'd really like to see musepack support too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tag editor: Add the ability to select directories for batch operations

Ex: you want to take a multi-disc set that is not marked as a compilation and mark it as a compilation. Or you want to take a set of directories by the same composer and add the "Composer" tag.

Being able to select whole directories instead of individual files and then to apply the same operation to all the audio files in those directories would make operations like these easy to do.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Re: Album artist. Blissgives me no choice in determining what I prefer as a "compliant" entry.

Re: Alblum artist. Bliss defaults to the found alblum artist, but gives me no choice in determining if I want that as a "compliant" entry. For example; in the 1987 album Anything Goes, the "complaint" album artist enrty according to Bliss is "1987 Original Broadway Cast". But I would prefer "Various" or Various Artist. When I make that change with a tag editor, the album remains uncomplaint, but THAT is the way I would prefer it, so when I sort via artist in my preferred player, this album shows up correctly FOR me.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. An album filter to show the last N new additions

I would like to be able to filter my albums on the last N additions -- that is, I would like to be able to see the last N CDs that I have added to my collection. N doesn't have to be an arbitrary number, but it would be nice to have a reasonable set of defaults for N.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

bliss

Categories