21 votes

Exception to case rules

Dan 15 supporters

When enforcing a title case rule, it should be possible to make an exception for abreviations so that an album can still be compliant.

9 comments

Dan Gravell

Nice idea. I was hoping http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/1928497-ignore-compliance-for-certain-albums could also cover this, but I'll leave this open and close if the above does cover case rules...

Anonymous

Some Kind of a "White list" or "List of exceptions" to the case rule would be nice, for example for words like MTV, CD, INXS, EP, I, II, III, IV and so on (when using title case).

((More than to be expected would be to have an auto-detection (or also OK: manual detection) of the language and have for example the "title case" just for english albums. As other langauges have other rules.))

Dan Gravell

Thanks Ivan. Can you state exact examples... I try to get roman numerals working for instance but they currently require a well known prefix e.g. "CD II".

Also, language based rules sound like a great idea.

Mark Buchanan

Like ZZ Top, which bliss wants to name Zz Top

Nathan

In most cases I want Title case (except for closed class words), but sometimes I need it to allow certain naming oddities for display purposes. For instance, when an album is an iTunes live recording, I want iTunes to be displayed as "iTunes" and not "Itunes". So, a way to add exceptions for certain words would be nice. Thanks!

Dean

This is something I would like to have as well. I use title case (except for closed class words). Van Halen OU812 always flags as non-compliant as Ou812.

Dean

K.D. Lang is another example. Suggests K.d. Lang.

Mal

I'd like to add my vote for this to be implemented too .... maybe allow exceptions to be added so they don't flag up as non-compliant or add an ignore option to the drop down where the suggested correction is listed.
I'm running into the same false alerts as the other guys ZZ Top wants to be Zz Top, MTV > Mtv, OU812 > Ou812 etc.

Braden McGrath

A whitelist of words seems to be the best way to deal with this... e.g. "TV" should always be uppercase, being an acronym.

I've had to turn off Case checks because it was flagging too many tracks as wrong when they are actually accurate.