I suggest ...

Ignore compliance for certain albums

Some albums just cannot be fixed because, for instance, their album art cannot be found anywhere. For the sake of achieving 100% compliance I'd like to mark these albums as 'ignored'. I want to be able to do it for any aspect of bliss, for instance file organisation (saying 'actually, the existing location is ok') or genre etc.

Similar to http://bliss.uservoice.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/404839-add-the-ability-to-ignore-albums-where-correct-art .

81 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dan GravellAdminDan Gravell (Founder and programmer, bliss) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed. My use case would be for Albums I've crated that are not real albums. Such as all the songs I've recorded for my kids from different bands they have made while taking music Lessons. I collect those songs, make an Album for that year and band name, and add my own art. But there is no real data for this kind of thing of course. So, we need to ignore it.

• Dan GravellAdminDan Gravell (Founder and programmer, bliss) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wanted to make a note to myself...

Rather than specific "ignore" functionality this should work by implementing "selectors". Create a new selector for this specific album, with a slightly-changed ruleset.

This would be preferable, because selectors are a more powerful, less specific implementation and it should mean less code overall.

• Magnus SjobergMagnus Sjoberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The rules could perhaps even be conditional, and bliss stop after first matched rule.

Example:

IF <pattern match 1> THEN <custom rule 1>
        IF <pattern match 2> THEN <custom rule 2>
        <standard rules>

• Magnus SjobergMagnus Sjoberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rather than "ignoring" I would like to have the option to set a custom rule for a specific album. That way it will still be compliant and you can rescan your whole collection again.

• Barry SantiniBarry Santini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Dan. I want to add "ignore" to Bliss for any aspect of "non-compliance" found. In my case, It may be cvr art or any tagging. I want my music to display the way I want it to. I like the global rules aspect of bliss, but it is insufficiently robust enough in its present form to allow for the type of "personalization" we're looking for here.
        But...this might work for those who use presently use just one or two music players. You're right when you say that these personalizations may not work well when one moves their music collection to a future player, so I suggest a way of toggling and tagging the albums that have user- "modified" adjustments so that a sort of these can be obtained later, and these adjustments seen in a reduced, filtered set. This would facilitate adapting the collection to a new player.

Barry

Feedback and Knowledge Base