176
votes
Improving the "Tags" and the"Untagged" sections :-)
My suggestions:
Untagged section :
- Adding a link to the same album in the "Tags" section to edit it manually when it returns "No suggestions found".
- Displaying the whole file path.
Tags section :
- Adding the whole file path in the columns choice (will help a lot to tag manually)
- Adding a search function (tags + file path)
completed Dan Gravell responded · 27 Dec 2014
With the addition of search/filter on the tags page, and the whole file path being visible on the untagged page, I think this is now done from http://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2014/12/27/new-release-20141224-search-filter-tags/index.html onwards.
10 comments
Dan Gravell 16 Mar 2014
Love these, thanks. See also:
http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/2768310-tag-editor-filter-by-album-and-or-artist-name
http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/2346522-a-search-function
Normally I like one idea per thread but as these are easily measurable as to when "done" I'll leave it open.
Dan Gravell 13 Oct 2014
Just an update on progress here... it's possible to tag files from the Untagged section now. See http://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2014/07/08/new-release-20140702/
Why is the whole file path useful? Just interested...
Fred 23 Nov 2014
The whole path can contain artist and album names when tags can be missing, incomplete or sometimes (but rarely) totally wrong (when Bliss can't autofill them of course).
Dan Gravell 24 Nov 2014
Sorry - I don't understand. Are you saying this information is useful to help with deciding upon tags?
Fred 25 Nov 2014
I have traditional/ethnic music with no tags, most of the time Bliss can't find and fill the tags so I have to do it myself, sometimes the title, the album and artist of the song can be in the filename or folder name.
So I would like to see the whole file path to help me filling the tags manually.
Dan Gravell 26 Nov 2014
Ok, might be helpful if http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/2714313-auto-suggest-album-art-based-on-file-name-or-tags was implemented too then...
Dan Gravell 16 Dec 2014
Sorry to come back to this, but on the subject of the whole file path why can't you widen the folder column to show the full path? http://i.imgur.com/OELzzqy.png
And in the Untagged page the path can be seen at the top left... http://i.imgur.com/Z0p3zqc.png . If the folder path is too long it is truncated but can be seen by "hovering" over.
Or does this include the music folder too? I suppose I am assuming just a generic "My Music" folder being the parent.
Dan Gravell 18 Dec 2014
Search/filter is WIP - http://i.imgur.com/fBafTVm.png
If there's no need for any more "whole file path" improvements I guess that's this idea done... "No suggestions found" can now also be fixed by "Add the tags myself".
Fred 18 Dec 2014
Hi there,
Yep, I'm ok with that (I didn't figure I could do that).
In my case folders are organized like that : music folder / Music Styles / Artists / Albums /
But if I can see the full path with the mouse it's ok.
Dan Gravell 18 Dec 2014
Ok, it's not ideal to hover to show the path, so I'll think of a way of improving that. I just wanted to make sure all the information you require is there.