1 votes

Don't Require "Album Title" Metatag

SWIM 1 supporters

Right now Bliss will not process files that are missing the "album title" metatag.
I suggest that Album Titles are almost a thing of the past. With all of the online streaming platforms available and the ease with which artists can distribute their own work, more and more artist are releasing singles at an astonishing rate. Most of the time artists aren't even associating these singles with an actual album. As a DJ, I'm at the point where I don't even want or need to organize my collection by "Album".

1 comment

Dan Gravell

This seems a common request for DJs inparticular.

Did you see:

- https://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/1871581-handle-folders-containing-singles
- https://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/42192883-mark-as-singles

Do they cover similar ground?

I assume you mean "singles" as an individual track rather than an actual single release (which often, although not always, contain other tracks). In that case, "album" is synonymous with "single" - what it really means is "release".