I always seem to get a couple of albums which end up not being fully processed because of some title aberration or another so an additional dropdown which shows you which albums aren't processed yet would speed up hunting down the bleeder.
Yeah... and of course it shouldn't be 'unknown' in the first place. Normally this indicates some problem when processing the album.
There is a workaround to find the album: go to http://localhost:3221/musicmodel (substitute localhost if bliss is running on a different computer). This URL basically lists everything you see in the overview screen, except in purely textual form and on one page. Now, if you do a simple Ctrl+F (find on page) and search for 'UNKNOWN' then you should be able to find the album, then go back to the main UI and find it there.
Also, could you send me http://localhost:3221/logs - it should zip up fairly small. These are the logs of what bliss did/encountered and should show why the album is 'unknown'.
I'd either like to see a separate entry in the "Compliance is:" dropdown for "unknown", or have the Unknown albums show up when you select "uncompliant".
I just downloaded the update which includes the dropdown listing the number of albums in various categories (compliant, non-compliant etc." I love this little addition - when I batch import files from a friend, I can easily see how much work I have to do. Thanks!
Two suggestions:
- When I look at the Activity tab I occasionally see albums listed as "Unknown" for some reason. It usually means there is some problem with the file or folder that I have to manually fix. It would be awesome to have a single page that lists all of these error files because otherwise I have to track back through the Activity list to find those errors.
-Similarly it would be awesome to see tracks/albums without any identifying album name information. I can go through my player to identify those albums, but it would be cool to do that through Bliss. I'd suggest a separate tab so these tracks aren't mixed in with all of the other albums that do have info.
Again, thanks for the fantastic program! You've saved me hundreds of hours and made both curating and listening more enjoyable.
It would be good if the 'Compliance is...' drop down included an entry for 'Unknown'.
At present the only way to know whether you have any Unknowns is to add compliant and non-compliant together and subtract the total from the total album count shown in 'Albums'. Then you have to find them by scrolling through the whole Album list which is tedious.
---
- When I look at the Activity tab I occasionally see albums listed as "Unknown" for some reason. It usually means there is some problem with the file or folder that I have to manually fix. It would be awesome to have a single page that lists all of these error files because otherwise I have to track back through the Activity list to find those errors.
---
11 comments
Jim! 19 Apr 2011
I always seem to get a couple of albums which end up not being fully processed because of some title aberration or another so an additional dropdown which shows you which albums aren't processed yet would speed up hunting down the bleeder.
Dan Gravell 19 Apr 2011
Yeah... and of course it shouldn't be 'unknown' in the first place. Normally this indicates some problem when processing the album.
There is a workaround to find the album: go to http://localhost:3221/musicmodel (substitute localhost if bliss is running on a different computer). This URL basically lists everything you see in the overview screen, except in purely textual form and on one page. Now, if you do a simple Ctrl+F (find on page) and search for 'UNKNOWN' then you should be able to find the album, then go back to the main UI and find it there.
Also, could you send me http://localhost:3221/logs - it should zip up fairly small. These are the logs of what bliss did/encountered and should show why the album is 'unknown'.
Devin Koopmans 22 Oct 2011
I'd either like to see a separate entry in the "Compliance is:" dropdown for "unknown", or have the Unknown albums show up when you select "uncompliant".
Matt Jenkins 21 Dec 2012
An option within the library rescan dropdown to "Re-scan all Unknown" would be nice too. Is that a separate idea, boss?
Dan Gravell 21 Dec 2012
It is since you added it: http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/3480167-add-options-to-rescan-button-to-rescan-specific-ty
Eric C 28 Jun 2015
I just downloaded the update which includes the dropdown listing the number of albums in various categories (compliant, non-compliant etc." I love this little addition - when I batch import files from a friend, I can easily see how much work I have to do. Thanks!
Two suggestions:
- When I look at the Activity tab I occasionally see albums listed as "Unknown" for some reason. It usually means there is some problem with the file or folder that I have to manually fix. It would be awesome to have a single page that lists all of these error files because otherwise I have to track back through the Activity list to find those errors.
-Similarly it would be awesome to see tracks/albums without any identifying album name information. I can go through my player to identify those albums, but it would be cool to do that through Bliss. I'd suggest a separate tab so these tracks aren't mixed in with all of the other albums that do have info.
Again, thanks for the fantastic program! You've saved me hundreds of hours and made both curating and listening more enjoyable.
Best,
Eric
Dan Gravell 29 Jun 2015
Thanks Eric.
Activity -> can you send me a debug archive for that - "Help" then "Download debug archive. Really these are bugs.
Untagged files -> Does "Untagged" not cover this, or is this where other tags are missing e.g. track names?
jon 28 Jan 2016
It would be good if the 'Compliance is...' drop down included an entry for 'Unknown'.
At present the only way to know whether you have any Unknowns is to add compliant and non-compliant together and subtract the total from the total album count shown in 'Albums'. Then you have to find them by scrolling through the whole Album list which is tedious.
Dan Gravell 28 Jan 2016
@jon remember to click "Vote" to cast a vote...
Dan Gravell 2 Feb 2016
Merged from another idea:
---
- When I look at the Activity tab I occasionally see albums listed as "Unknown" for some reason. It usually means there is some problem with the file or folder that I have to manually fix. It would be awesome to have a single page that lists all of these error files because otherwise I have to track back through the Activity list to find those errors.
---
Clark Olson 12 May 2017
I used to get "Unknown" occasionally, but recent issues have made this more common. It would be good to be able to view these together.