bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

1. update multiple art changes for various artist albums at once

I have a box set of various artists -- bliss got something like 60 covers wrong, and it seems like I have to change them one at a time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The ? condition should have an else option.

I generally use the ? to check if something exits, if true do this, if not do that.
    Example
    <discnumber>?(<discnumber>,1)<tracknumber:nn> so if i have multiple discs I get 101, 102, 201,202 etc.. and if is only one or not set I get 101,102, etc

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Switchable alphabetical sort

Currently bliss display album covers sorted by artist or album name etc.
    The fact that names are sorted result in thumbnails constantly appearing before the "current" mouse position thus shifting position of album you're working on.
    If albums thumbnails were displayed in the same order that they are scanned it would allow me to be more productive by not invalidating the working screen area.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Guess Album artist when there are contributing artists

It is very common these days for an album by a single artist to have contributing artists on some track. This can make a mess, as you end up with twenty variations on "Kanye West" in your albums list. It's not hard to think of some simple heuristics that would often work, although Bliss could not always figure this out correctly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow different cover art for each CD in a multi-CD set

I have several multi-CD sets in my music library. I store each CD in a separate album directory. Each CD has the same album name, but a different discnumber tag. Some of these multi-CD sets have different cover art for each CD in the set. Example: Yesyears by Yes. It is a 4-CD set, with different covert art for each CD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B000002JNV/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_all

I would like bliss to treat each album with the same album name but different discnumber and different album directory, as a separate entity, and allow specification of different cover art for each CD in the set.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide an init.d script with install for Linux users

I'm struggling to get Bliss set up as a service in Ubuntu 11.10 that auto starts on boot and can be stopped/started/restarted with the standard Linux "service bliss start" style commands.

I'd really appreciate it if you could include an init.d script with the Linux install, or provide instructions for setting this up on the blisshq website.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. drop "The" from result when using group token

When using group to create a folder structure, is it possible to drop "The" from the result? example, The Beatles would result in B, not T.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide a Way to Identify Whether Album Art has been Selected Automatically or Manually

It would be useful to be able to differentiate between Album Art selected by Bliss and which has been selected by the user. This would allow for a quick verification of Bliss selections, whilst ignoring those albums which I have already chosen the art manually. Even better, if I could filter the display by this criteria (ie "Show Bliss Selections Only") then I would only be reviewing choices made by Bliss.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Merge Artists based on aliases

Some musical genres may be more concerned by this feature than others, but there are many artists (including famous ones) who release music under aliases.

At the moment, Bliss is "only able" to manage renaming and file sorting through the artist field. This feature idea would require a database connection such as discogs in order to scrape the "main" artist.

Example : Aphex Twin in his long career has released records under the name of Aphex Twin, AFX, Richard D. James, GAK, Polygon Window...
    Renaming through Bliss would move all these files around with no connection whatsoever.

Discogs manages to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a table/details overview (in addition to the grid)

Iit would be good to have a list/table view with album names down the left, and columns for other aspects like artist names, compliancy of different rules and maybe shortcuts to functionality, e.g. changing the art, file paths or tags within the overview screen.

The analogy are file explorers: typically they allow grid/thumbnail views as well as detail views where files can be ordered by different columns, and different metadata about the files can be viewed in the column cells.

Just as with the grid view, you would be able to filter by compliance or startsWith. The option would likely…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. On the installed page, provide an option to show the size of the album art

Under each album art picture on the Installed page, optionally display the size of the picture; e.g. 300x300, 500x500, etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Maintain settings for each folder

I would like to use Bliss on two different folders: one for FLAC files, basically my 'masters' with hires cover art etc. , then I convert that to a different folder (same structure) to MP3, where I need the covers to be 500px max. There is currently no way to do this. Does not need to happen in the same UI, having two bliss instances running at the same time (different ports obviously, different settings) would also work. Dockerize maybe...?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support for RIFF tags in WAVs

WAVs can generally adopt two approaches for tagging: RIFF INFO (which is native) or ID3 (bolted on, but for some functionality such as album art better supported by music software).

bliss only writes ID3s currently. The trouble is, some software only reads RIFF tags.

Example software, able to read RIFF but unable to read ID3 tags:
    - Emby
    - Windows Explorer

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integrate a music player

It would be nice to be able to preview/play a track. When track name disputes arise, this would be useful in validating which track you're actually tagging. (Among other uses)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. User definable items per page

Please can we have the ability to set the number of items per page to whatever we want, including infinity

The limit of 96 items per page in album view is arbitrary. It creates too much page navigation. Continuously scrolling pages are a much better UX.

But I appreciate that for very large libraries, users might want paging.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Backup and Restore of settings

Hi there,
    Would it be possible to implement a backup and restore feature of the settings using the Bliss webpage, rather than having to do so manually?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better bulk duplicte deletion

The ability to detect duplicates is great, but deleting said duplicates is time consuming and clunky as bliss only allows deleting one file at a time and then rescans the album. When merging libraries I end up with hundreds of duplicates. It would be great to be be able to select them all from a list and then click delete only once to get the job done. Another idea is to have the option of removing all files ending in '_2' '_3' etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Manual tag

When tagging manually I didn't notice that there is an option to automatically tag the rest of the songs, if one is populated by Album and Artist. It would be nice to have that option for albums that are not compilations, since all songs have the same artist and album name, right?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fine-grain filters in the COMPLIANCE IS section

As of 20170901 bliss shows 5 categories of compliance state. I'd like to see a finer grain breakdown of 'Non-compliant' and 'Incorrect Tags'. I see this as a valuable tool in managing a library.

I currently have nearly 300 albums in the 'Incorrect Tags' category but I can't see its components (i.e. Album name / Album artist / Track name / Track Number / Discnumber) unless I open the Why? drop down on each album individually. This is tedious and slow.

My ideal is to be able select a sub-set of Non-compliant or Incorrect Tags - for instance Album name…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

bliss

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base