bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

1. Bliss Mobile app

Create an app for mobile devices to be able to perfect music library from anywhere in the house.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A way to change artwork for multiple albums at once

Feature request: find a way to allocate same artwork at several albums at once (through a checkbox etc)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better bulk duplicte deletion

The ability to detect duplicates is great, but deleting said duplicates is time consuming and clunky as bliss only allows deleting one file at a time and then rescans the album. When merging libraries I end up with hundreds of duplicates. It would be great to be be able to select them all from a list and then click delete only once to get the job done. Another idea is to have the option of removing all files ending in '_2' '_3' etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. User definable items per page

Please can we have the ability to set the number of items per page to whatever we want, including infinity

The limit of 96 items per page in album view is arbitrary. It creates too much page navigation. Continuously scrolling pages are a much better UX.

But I appreciate that for very large libraries, users might want paging.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Delete all duplicates in inbox

I intentionally add copies of ood backups to the scan to let Bliss find any missing tracks. It’s quite time consuming to have to go through and click delete on every duplicate track in the inbox.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Scan for new items only

Hi Dan

There's an option to Scan for new and changes. Could there be an option for New Items ONLY?

When I add newly ripped albums to my Synology NAS, I am often too impatient to wait for an auto detect but if I use the option to scan for news and changes items, the entire library is scanned.

If it's looking for changes, I assume it must be a fairly deep scan? Could we have a high level scan that looks for top level folders that are new, and processes only those?

In the past I have got round…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. One click fix per non-compliant album

I notice that I accept all changes suggested for 99% of my albums, based on my ruleset . A buttom on the Albums tab/screen per incompliant album will greatly help me in productivity/speed of organizing my library.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. allow selecting albums to scan

currently Bliss will scan all albums in defined folder. If that folder is full of albums it would be nice to just be able to select one (or few) folder(s) to scan in order to save a lot of time. E.g. one folder which was not recognized during ripping.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. allow scanning without it costing fixes

I am disappointed that each time I only want to scan for the non-compliances and not fix anything yet. However, bliss charges already for the scanning, so each time you rescan it costs fixes.
    Or am I doing something wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow bliss to delete folders that contain non-audio files

When bliss moves audio-files according to the rules, sometimes files get left-over in the old folder.
    These can be thumb.db or other artwork.
    I'd like to allow bliss to delete folders that contain only specified files, in my case: *.tmp; desktop.ini; Thumbs.db; cover.jpg

I'm currently using "Empty Directory Remover" every so often.

The contrary idea to this is this one:
    http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/32117689-take-non-audio-files-to-the-new-directory-when-ren

I'd be okay with whatever is easier to implement. :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Link to personal Discogs collection

It would be nice if Bliss would considers the personal Discogs collection while linking to releases. If a release on Discogs is in my personal collection chances are higher that it is a good match and Bliss should give it a higher score while considering matching releases.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Showing tags and file size and bitrate of duplicates

One small request - the new built in duplicate deletion is good, but often for me the only difference between duplicates is file size / bit rate. This occurs when I’ve ripped and then reripped at a better quality. At the moment you can’t tell these files apart. Could you show this as well as the existing tags of the duplicates? Possibly the encoding too as often the only difference is lossy vs lossless?

Thanks Andy for the idea!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show track file size

Hi Dan,
    Show track size found in scanned user library to allow comaprisons of duplicated tracks sizes and therefotre which one to delete.
    Mainly under albums , select album show tags.... Is there anyway or support of adding track sizes. Perhaps also could be available under heading - tags, choose columns = track size. But not as useful here unless could also delete the unwanted duplicated track pending size.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Check for duplicates across the whole directory

As Said above 👍

Currently duplicates are only checked for within an album. You should also check across albums.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Composer to "check tag accuracy"

Sorry if this has been requested (I'd be surprised if not) but I couldn't find it when searching. Could the Composer tag be added to the "Check tag accuracy" feature? This is one of the most problematic tags as there are so many (often terrible) ways that composers are tagged in metadata (Mozart, WA; W.A. Mozart; Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; Mozart, W. A. (1756-1791) ... and on and on). If this could be addressed, I'm sure a lot of classical CD collectors would be very happy - especially if there were a way to enforce a canonical version (name order, no…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cover Art folder

It would be nice to have a folder to go to that has all the Cover Art in one folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. the ability to export the tags list to a csv file

the ability to export the tags list to a csv file

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Manual tag

When tagging manually I didn't notice that there is an option to automatically tag the rest of the songs, if one is populated by Album and Artist. It would be nice to have that option for albums that are not compilations, since all songs have the same artist and album name, right?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Derived tags

bliss should allow textual tags to contain "derived" data; that is, to provide consistent manipulations of canonical data to a defined scheme.

An example of this may be to append the bitrate to an album name. Using a template engine, the album could be defined as so:

Album name: <album name> [<format>]

Tags could potentially be combined with others:

Track name: <track name> (<artist name>)

Set out in more detail here: https://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2017/10/03/derived-tags/

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a capability to add the correct linked release if it is not found by Bliss

Add a capability to add the correct linked release if it is not found by Bliss.
    Often (especially for more obscure albums) the album is marked non-compliant as the list of linked releases does no find the actual matching release. If I unlink all releases and rescan, it will clear the errors, but it would be good, after unlinking all the incorrect releases, to be able to add the correct release so bliss was able to verify the tags against the correct release (rather than just marking it all as compliant becuase it has no linked releases to check against).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

bliss

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base