Need a button for "Postpone library re-scan"
The "Set Genre to ..." button function on the Album page is USELESS to me ... here's why.
Upon clicking that button, Bliss immediately
- clears the "compliant" flag for all albums
- starts a compliance rescan
- no additional genre suggestions are available.
Why is this a problem? Because a library scan takes hours
This means I can use the button once, but because the compliance flag of the next albug is cleared, its "Set Genre to ..." button is no longer available. I have to wait for the scan to complete before that button is available on the next non-compliant album.
Give the user control if a re-scan is triggered after clicking the "Set Genre to ..." button.
A button "Postpone library re-scan" would do the trick. Make it toggle to "Resume library scanning"
I tested this and after clicking a "Set to" response, only the album in question rescanned.
A few thoughts that might help us work out what is wrong:
- Make sure you're using the latest version - there was a fix for rescanning albums there
- Did you click it when an ongoing library-wide rescan was ongoing?
- Maybe it was the "Allow ..." fix? That definitely does induce a library-wide rescan
It's probably best if you can send us a debug archive - "Help" > "Download debug archive" to firstname.lastname@example.org . Tell us, if you can remember, which album you clicked the "Set to" fix on.
This sounds like a bug - only the album on which "Set genre to" should be rescanned. I'll check this later.