Skip to content

bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

549 results found

1. A compare between the bliss run on the the primairy file and on the backup (an automated "winmerge")

I (suppose) we have to run on the primairy dateabas as wel on the back up. Sometimes I forget to add or remove a file on the backup. Once in a while I have tot check with a program like winmerge. A buglist from the comparisation of the two runs would be helpfull.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. List Improvements

Alternating colours to make it easier to discern to which cell and row your input correlates. Sometimes it's hard to know if you've just put in a tag, until you open a program and see the wrong title

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Move music files between libraries

Currently file organisation patterns move files within the same library. For example, if you had two libraries:

C:\Music\ripped
    C:\Music\live

And a pattern:

<album artist>/<album name>/<tracknumber>-<track name>

That would move files within each respective library.

But what if you wanted to move files between the libraries? Here's a way it could be done:

<library:C:\Music\live><album artist>/<album name>/<tracknumber>-<track name>

All files would be moved into the C:\Music\live folder, then into the correct artist/album structure.

Combined with having different rulesets for different libraries, this would afford a way of having a "quarantine" or "staging" library, then moving files into your "live" library once fixed.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. tags page search & replace all & skip

As there is a search option already on this page would it be possible to implement an " if found replace with box" to allow a user to type in a whole or part of a tag search but then implement the change. Hence if a tag requires to be changed on mass then it would save a lot of typing.
    Perhaps have a global "replace all option" as well as a safer method of skipping through one at a time so if you have over looked something then you have an option to skip this incidence & skip to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Folder navigation in tags section

Add folder navigation to the tags section.
    Once the folder selected, the tags list will display tags in that folder (and sub folders) and the search box will work for that folder (and sub folders).
    (searching the whole collection is too slow with a huge collection of music)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow fixes to associated tags

I keep thinking about using some of the tag fixing features, but worry that I may make my music more inconsistent, not less. For instance, I use ArtistSort as well as Artist, AlbumArtistSort as well as AlbumArtist, Conductor and ConductorSort, and so on. Some artists appear in many different guises, and I may include middle names for some people where others do not. If only Artist gets fixed, my system will be more inconsistent. So, to use the tools I need a way to indicate all the different tags that could be affected, including the Sort forms (in my case…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Additional Filenaming Mask - Move The to end

As you can use album name with blanks, no spaces, underscores etc perhaps there is a place for a file naming scheme that moves THE to the end. This would not impact on The in the TAG, leaving The Beatles alone but doing the file naming as Beatles, The.

Just thinking this could be used for Album Artist, Track Artist, Album Name, Track Name.

If you use the Sort Artist, for example, so that you get THE to the end what happens if the Sort field being used is blank. Works fine if the field is populated. Just seems to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Recognize single wav/flac+cue

I ripped my entire collection to one wav and one cue file for best quality and no gap trouble, plus easy burning of replacement CDs.

But Bliss does not recognize the media! It recognizes media with one file per track, but not the single wav+cue approach.

Please add support for this. My file structure is as follows:

Pixies - Doolittle\Pixies - Doolittle.wav
    Pixies - Doolittle\Pixies - Doolittle.cue

Media players, including my Squeezebox setup, recognize this fine and show individual tracks so why should not Bliss?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow editing of compilation field

When editing tags for an album, the compilation flag can be set, if the database thinks it is a compilation, but not unset.

Also it cannot be set if the online database does not think that it is a compilation.

If I've just missed where it is set, please point out how to edit it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. clear tags & standard comments tag

As been mentioned perhaps before an ability to clear certain tags would be good. Especially when starting with a jumbled messy collection.

Not least as an addition to the settings page have a setting that allows a comment to be set as standard for the comment tag. Allow a radio button/sub control to state append or overwrite or clear current comment tag. So when found Bliss will append or overwrite or clears any current comment that is within the comment tag. Gets rid of or tidies the comment tag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Manual fix for non-compliant cover-art

I have quite a few files where there is no compliant cover art, e.g. I want a minimum of 500x500 but all there is is just 300x300, and sometimes there is no cover art at all for a release. That applies, e.g. for a lot of the live concert recordings I have, and prevents me from effectively checking for album art compliance with the rest of my collection. I am aware that I could just upload a placeholder cover art, but that is a lot of manual work, and also that does not help with existing cover art that is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add new genre on-the-fly

Sometimes I am going through my Non-canonical genre report, and the genre for the album in question is not in my list of pre-approved genres.

I would love to be able to add a new genre, as keyboard input, which those files are then tagged with, and the new genre is added to the canonical white list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. More memory alloted = MUCH better performance

The docs say that Bliss shouldn't need more than 256MB. That may be so but I found very substantial performance increases by going to 512MB. I'm a new user but from what I read I believe that my speed at 512MB is probably "normal' - i.e., I was starved at 256MB. This may just be for my own environment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Failed to update tags (pop up not clearing) temp recolour background

When editing tags manually and assume bliss is already doing something to that file then you get a pop up message stating "failed to update tag" However the pop up box does not clear and so you have to come out of tags and back in. Re-select to show the tags that are wanting to be edited again e.g. in this case Genre.. Then continue down the list to find where you were. Skip that album & continue....... somewhat annoying ... Any way of identifying a locked file ? say temp recolour back ground to red so you know not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. tags file size album wrap

When editing under the tags page it would be useful to be able to have a column that shows the actual file size so that a user could identify an album wrap and tag it accordingly. eg. ALBWRAP

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Filtering/Searching on 'Linked Release' compliancy

It would be useful to be able to filter and differentiate albums that are only compliant by 'accident' - Ones that it hasn't been possible to find a 'linked release' as the tags are incomplete or invalid. By default, these are marked as compliant. It might also be useful to be able to filter on linked releases that only have a low confidence factor.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add stop service or scan button (synology nas)

The idea behind this is a simple way to stop the service mid scan to enable any number of things to take place. Currently having to navigate to the package & stop the service. Perform various things then restart the service. Just a nice quicker way to do this

regards Ian

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Persistent album navigation buttons

I'm validating Bliss's artwork and metadata suggestions and I've just gotten to the second 96-album page of the album list. Unlike the first 96-album page, I can't always move from the current to the next album: the buttons that let me move backward and forward in the album list sometimes disappear, leaving only the "Back to album list" button. This slows my validation considerably because I need to navigate to each album rather than simply clicking a button to move to it.
    Here's how to reproduce the problem:
    * Navigate to the second page of the album list.
    * Click…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. bitrate setting for filepaths

if you have mp3s in different encoding sizes, then you end up with one directory with both vbr and 64kb mp3s.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. missing art shortcut

When missing art is found as non compliance, and you are viewing albums , by clicking on the empty thumb nail this immediately takesyou to the page where you can search for missing art.
    back end of URL below....
    /coverart?startAt=0&page=.*&albumsCount=96&complianceState=noncompliant%253AGroupedMissingArtAssessment

This would save on repeated navigating through the menues to get to the websearch function..
    Just an idea

Rgds Ian

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)