10 votes

Recognize single wav/flac+cue

Fred Larsen 8 supporters

I ripped my entire collection to one wav and one cue file for best quality and no gap trouble, plus easy burning of replacement CDs.

But Bliss does not recognize the media! It recognizes media with one file per track, but not the single wav+cue approach.

Please add support for this. My file structure is as follows:

Pixies - Doolittle\Pixies - Doolittle.wav
Pixies - Doolittle\Pixies - Doolittle.cue

Media players, including my Squeezebox setup, recognize this fine and show individual tracks so why should not Bliss?

5 comments

Dan Gravell

No reason why not I suppose! Note that WAV support is also lacking... but cue files could be implemented for FLAC right now.

Fred Larsen

If support for single flac file + cue is added, I suppose it would work for me if I compress all my wav's to flac and do an automated search and replace in my cue files (.wav->.flac).

So yes, please, that would probably solve my problem :-)

Marcoc1712

@Admni. I'm the guy who recently rewrote the CUE handllng module in squeezebox server, other than this I'm working on a JAVA library that handles metatada coming from almost any source, cue file comprised: https://github.com/marcoc1712/metadata

If you like I could cooperate on this goal.

Marco

Dan Gravell

Looks like an interesting project, keep me up to date...

Anonymous

Yup - Synology Audio Station shows the cue attributes (recognizes all tracks in a FLAC file). Bliss does not and counts it an error with some of the rules I have been using.