7
votes
Add an "ignore words" list under Settings to facilitate proper sorting of albums and artists.
For example, "a" and "the" could be on the ignore list by default such that "The Nightmare Before Christmas" gets sorted with the N albums, not the T albums.
Making the list a modifiable setting would allow a user to add words for albums in other languages. For example, the user might choose to add "la", "le" and "les" to ensure that "La boite aux jeux jeux" gets sorted with the B albums, not the L albums.
5 comments
Dan Gravell 15 Dec 2014
Thanks. Is this just the sorting of albums in the bliss interface, or how they appear in other software too, i.e. via the ALBUMSORT tag?
Jon 16 Dec 2014
I'd be pleased with just the Bliss interface . . . most of the other software I use (iTunes, Logitech Server, WMP) already sorts like this. This change would make Bliss consistent with software I'm using, making it easier to find albums when I notice a necessary change.
Dan Gravell 17 Dec 2014
Makes sense. Looking into this more it seems this is known as ignoring the article for a title: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/151447
Jon 18 Dec 2014
Yep, the TechNet entry explains it exactly. (I neglected to mention "An" as a default word in the list.)
Peter Kennedy 24 Jan 2020
Yes, in my case "The Freewheeling Bob Dylan". So what we would call stop words - and leading articles