11 votes

When choosing new cover art, show the current cover art

completed Ron Olsen 9 supporters

When bliss tell me it has several choices for new cover art for an album, and I go to the page to choose, it would be helpful to display the current cover art and its size (if any), so I can decide if the new choices provided by bliss are an improvement.

completed Dan Gravell responded ·

The current art is now shown at the top right of the screen, with the current assessment as to its compliance underneath.

5 comments

Dan Gravell

I've noticed this would be especially useful with the new "don't overwrite existing art" feature - knowing what art is being overwritten would be especially useful!

Ron Olsen

The "don't overwrite existing art" feature is great! However, I still would like to see existing art shown, along with its size, when given a choice of using new art. Being able to compare images is very useful. Sometimes a compliant, larger image has lower resolution and appears blurry, and a smaller, non-compliant image (the current image) is actually better.

Dan Gravell

At the moment I'm envisaging being able to click on an album from the summary compliant/uncompliant pages and then going to the 'album detail' page which would show the current art with the usual options to change it.

Anonymous

Hi Dan,

I was going to make the same request, as I can't see the dimensions of the currently installed cover art anywhere on the screen.

Am I missing something?

I'm using bliss version 20210727, and looking at the 'Cover art alternatives'; screen.

Dan Gravell

@Anonymous I think this is something that has maybe been lost in recent updates. Can you create a new idea to show the current dimensions?