187
votes
Auto Tag Cleaning: trim spaces, remove HTML encoding
Adding an option to clean the tags :
- Auto clean the spaces at the beginning and the end of a tag
- Identify tags with uf-8/Iso errors like instead of spaces or & instead of &, etc... and fix these.
completed Dan Gravell responded · 13 Feb 2019
I finally got around to writing up the find-and-replace rule for this: https://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2019/02/13/find-replace-rule-fix-html-encoding/
11 comments
Dan Gravell 22 Apr 2014
Fred, I edited the title to include the actual work to do... I like to keep these ideas easily measurable, and the title was arguably too broad to measure (just "Auto tag cleaning options") before.
Anonymous 9 Mar 2015
Hi. I just discovered bliss and it's now looking over my collection. I have one rather special need: Logitech Media Server's scan crashes when trying to read certain files. I know what the source of these files is, and I know that they contain both IDV3v1 and IDV3v2 tags, but I don't know exactly what it is about these tags that LMS has trouble with. But i do know that if I cut and repaste the tags using Mp3Tag, the problems disappears. Is there a way to tell bliss to do the same thing?
Dan Gravell 9 Mar 2015
When you edit music in bliss the file will be re-written and that might clear any corruption. You might also want to read http://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2012/10/16/mp3-repair-fixing-mp3s/ .
This is a bit off topic for this idea I think... See http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/2599926-the-ability-to-check-the-integrity-of-music-files
Dan Gravell 20 Aug 2015
Here's the trim rule work in progress: https://twitter.com/bliss_music/status/632573983179694080/photo/1
Fred 20 Aug 2015
Great!
Dan Gravell 25 Aug 2015
The new beta (out next week) does have an interesting undocumented and unsupported feature (which I'll blog about anyway) where you can write your own rules using regular expressions. You could implement HTML decoding yourself using that... remind me and I'll provide an example.
Fred 25 Aug 2015
Some sort of "search & replace" ? Sounds good!
Dan Gravell 25 Aug 2015
It's a way of writing a rule which you save as a file in a well-known folder and bliss finds it then shows it in the settings. It's early stages (which is why I don't want to "officially" support it yet) but should work for this, possibly inelegantly at this stage.
Dan Gravell 17 Nov 2015
As mentioned in http://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2015/11/17/new-release-20151110-aiff-wav-tagging/ it's now possible to drop a custom rule into a file for removing HTML encoding. I'm intending to write a blog post in a little while to describe how to do this. Once that's done I'll close and "complete" this idea.
Joshua Braveman 16 Dec 2018
Path length > 260 characters sometimes comes up as a problem for some albums in my server.
Dan Gravell 16 Dec 2018
Where do you see that problem? Please see http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/20164318-truncate-filenames-to-comply-with-file-system-limi .