1 votes

faster?

declined Anonymous 1 supporters

Assessing my music collection (hundreds of albums) was taking tens of hours but activity monitor didn't indicate much cpu or network activity. I tried setting the scan to one folder with 4 albums on a local SD card. It still took about an hour to assess the 4 albums. When I previously used Bliss it behaved similarly but after some time really got going. It's now too slow to use. I've updated to the latest Bliss and the latest MacOS and disabled App Nap as you suggest. Still dead slow. Any log files I can send which might help?
Bill

declined Dan Gravell responded ·

Thanks for posting, I try to keep this forum just for measurable tasks... while it's very important to have a fast app, making-it-faster isn't descriptive enough to know when this is "done". So I'm going to decline this, but I still want to fix this for you.

Have you rebooted since disabling App Nap? Remember you need to disable it after *each reboot* (a pain, I know).

Can you send me a debug archive - "Help" then "Download debug archive". Send it to http://www.blisshq.com/contact.html

0 comments