4 votes

Add a "Clean and Rescan" action on Album

Mick2034 4 supporters

When displaying all the albums, it would be great to have a "Clean and Rescan" action in addition to the "Rescan" action for each individual album.
I have noticed that after too many changes to an album the database get confused and the latest changes have a lot of difficulties to appear correctly.
And a "Clean and Rescan" of the entire library is way too time consuming...

4 comments

Dan Gravell

Please send us a debug archive (https://www.blisshq.com/support/faq/general/how-create-debug-archive.html) to support@blisshq.com so we can see the source of the "confusion".

There is the remove album and rescan folders option on each album page - does that work?

Mick2034

Currently I am using Bliss to find all the inconsistencies in my library and depending on the kind of issue I do the fix with Bliss or an external tool, EasyTag (it is much quicker..).
I think that the problem come from the fact that I do bulk changes with EasyTag to correct the issues I found with Bliss (I even rename some file names) and this is when, sometime, even a rescan does not work...
Next time this happens I will save the log.

Dan Gravell

Ok - if the folder names change then that means bliss won't know the new location of the music. In that case you could use "Rescan for new and updated music files".

Mick2034

Yes, I agree but sometime this is not enough to return to stable state.