0
votes
Scheduled auto start/stop for NAS devices
I use Bliss on a Synology NAS device, It works well, but It's eating a lot of CPU and RAM (ATM : CPU : 99% RAM: 72%).
It would be nice to have an option to run Bliss only at a scheduled time (late at night is a good example).
Regards.
declined Dan Gravell responded · 2 Nov 2016
I've had a think about this and I think that this should be the responsibility of the OS. So use cron, or whatever is the right tool for your system.
5 comments
Dan Gravell 14 Jun 2013
You could probably do this with 'cron'...?
It would obviously also be better if it didn't eat so much cpu/ram. Which NAS model do you have?
Dan Gravell 14 Jun 2013
256MB - you'd hope it would be ok, although bliss may take over half of that!
Are you using the latest version? There were a few small performance improvements.
Dan Gravell 14 Jun 2013
Yep, that's the latest... More work to do on optimisation, I suppose.
Anonymous 13 Jun 2015
On a Synology NAS you can schedule start/stop of 3rd party applications
Fred 1 Nov 2016
Better idea : http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/16909687-carry-on-from-where-it-left-off