1 votes

Index the items we want to edit

completed Bob 1 supporters

Often I find I got a genre wrong, like I put in "psych/garage" when the library uses "psych-garage". So Bliss finds it and lets me make the change. So I click to change, and it runs forever before coming back showing success. OR it shows "lost connection with localhost". So I close the program, restart, and it shows ALL my albums "unknown". So I have to rescan. It runs for hours and presents the list of work in the Inbox, where I can click to make a change. I do, and nothing happens. So I go to "Album" view and it shows "unknown" again.

Any database should have indexes on the values we want to change. Genres are no different. I should be able to click "psych/garage" and change to "psych-garage" and it should be able to find all matching albums in seconds. Not hours. It should never take so long the software dies and I have to restart Java to make it work again.

I've paid for "infinite" fixes and I've tried for years to love this software. But I just can't do it. It takes WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY too long to rescan the library, and to apply a simple change.

I do online apps for a living, and my backends are always indexed a dozen different ways. My frontends don't EVER die and require a restart. I NEVER have to delete and redo my backend data. There must be a better way to do this.

Please. I want this to work so I keep trying and it keeps kicking me in the nuts.

completed Dan Gravell responded ·

This sounds like a deeper problem - please see my comment to send us some more info to get this fixed.

1 comment

Dan Gravell

Hi Bob - I don't think this relates to indexes, it sounds like some underlying instability. Can you recreate this then send us a debug archive - "Help" > "Download debug archive" to support@blisshq.com ?

One idea - are you clicking the "Allow [genre name]" button - this is suboptimal at the moment and causes a rescan of the entire collection - this would explain why after restarting all albums show as "unknown" (because it sounds like bliss crashed when performing the rescan, so the albums are all of "unknown" compliance).