2 votes

Extract embedded artwork

Steve Kalkwarf 2 supporters

I have roughly 100 albums that bliss identifies as having no "folder.jpg" present. Many of the albums (if not all of them) do have artwork embedded in the tracks.

It would be nice if the embedded artwork were one of the choices available to populate the folder.jpg file.

6 comments

Dan Gravell

This should already happen (unless the embedded art is itself non-compliant for another reason, e.g. too large).

Can you send screenshots and the debug archive?

Steve Kalkwarf

Email sent

Dan Gravell

Thanks Steve.

Dan Gravell

The problem is that the _Embedded art_ option is set to _Ignore embedded art_. Setting it to _Embed art where possible_ will cause bliss to use the artwork for folder.jpg.

However, it will also cause bliss to embed artwork from folder.jpg. Maybe that's what you don't want?

Steve Kalkwarf

Interesting.

As I read the text for that option, I took it to mean bliss would embed art (or not) based on the setting. It's not obvious how that setting affects extracting embedded art into a folder.jpg/

Dan Gravell

I agree - short term I could change that text. Longer term we could just offer any existing art anyway.