1
votes
Option to ignore songs -with similar acoustic fingerprint, but different disc number- as duplicates
Some Deluxe albums have extra discs with special recordings (live recordings, earlier versions, or remixes) that get flagged as duplicates because of having similar acoustic fingerprints.
7 comments
Anonymous 4 Sep 2019
Some albums have deluxe editions that have special recordings/tracks that will have a similar name (since it's a different intro or remix etc) that Bliss will see as the same track and flag as a duplicate
Dan Gravell 4 Sep 2019
Do you have an example album when this happens? If it happens it's not because of the name, it's because the audio is judged to be too similar.
Anonymous 6 Sep 2019
I've noticed it with specifically digital deluxe albums from Celldweller (and maybe Blue Stahli). Most of the false flagged items are only a fraction of the full song, typically less than a minute. I wish I could link them, but they were limited time items and now the tracks are compiled into albums of their own.
Anonymous 6 Sep 2019
I guess the best option I have might be to just re-tag them in a different album.
Anonymous 6 Sep 2019
Actually I cam across a better example: A Cowboy-bebop 4 disc collection that has a disc of live recordings. https://www.discogs.com/The-Seatbelts-Cowboy-Bebop-CD-Box/release/1998345
https://musicbrainz.org/release/d24fcffe-e1bc-4e46-8791-7114e0cda427
Anonymous 6 Sep 2019
This might be a better request: http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/38544715-option-to-ignore-songs-with-similar-acoustic-fing
Dan Gravell 8 Sep 2019
Yeah - currently we just use the fingerprints on their own. If we combine this with data online, we could recognise where the fingerprints _should_ be the same.