1 votes

Cover art naming either cover or folder, not both of them in the same file.

michelvandenbogaert 1 supporters

Cover art naming either cover or folder, not both of them in the same file.

I’ve set a rule adding cover art that says "Save an image artwork file to cover and folder. Artwork should be embedded.” How can I change 'cover art and folder' to 'cover art or folder', depending of the already present file name?

Bliss Support sent following answer:
Hello Michel,

Unfortunately there is no such option at the moment. Could you please take some of your time to post that idea on our forum along with the comments?

3 comments

Dan Gravell

Yeah - you can't. _All_ of the filenames are used. I can see the use here (I think) - you want to just work with what you have. But wouldn't you also rather change all artwork to a common name, if you could?

michelvandenbogaert

I have some fine music on a Bluesound Vault2 . When I started my collection some years ago only cover art named 'folder.jpg' could be rendered by BluOS. An update some time ago makes Bluesound also support 'folder.png' 'cover.jpg' and 'cover.png'.

[sic] An index of the Bluesound local Library will look for Album Artwork in one of two places:

Stored as folder.jpg, cover.jpg, folder.png or cover.png in the same folder as the located music
A Jpeg or PNG embedded into the metadata of the music file[/sic] https://support1.bluesound.com/hc/en-us/articles/200271926-Why-is-some-of-my-Album-Cover-Art-shown-as-missing-

Some cover art I've collected is named either 'folder' either 'cover'. I looking how to avoid the rule I mention in the subject adds a second illustration to an already existing one. I don't need twins in each albumfolder, you see.

Dan Gravell

Yeah, I can understand. Personally I would suggest just performing a copy to a consistent name. How you'd do this depends on your OS...