1 votes

Slightly more install information for linux

Stuart 1 supporters

I'm a fairly proficient unix and macOS user now using linux. I would appreciate some more information about installing bliss on linux. For instance, on the existing page it says install with 'java -jar bliss-install-20190130.jar'. Should I do this as root or as a non-root user? When I do it as root bliss works and does not show errors. When I do it as a regular user I see lots of java errors at the command line.

1 comment

Dan Gravell

Don't you think this is specific to the system though? For example, I have a "music" user on my home server and that's what bliss runs as. That's not appropriate to everyone and is, in fact, an impediment for quick set up.

Generally I would advise *never* to install/run as root. Well, maybe install, but with subsequent changes to make sure it doesn't run as root.