I would love to do that. Especially when a i ended up with some stupid Radio compilation like UK list wanted top 20 hits...
Some compilation do make sense to stay together though : Charity concert, Duets...
I mean i'd keep together a compilation when ever something connects the tracks together. Soundtracks. To me, in these case, the album name would prevail over the artists name(s). namecategorzation
4 comments
Dan Gravell 3 Feb 2019
I think I understand, you want to change the tracks in a compilation so they look like they come from an album instead?
I can see this being useful for one-artist compilations where some tracks come from the same album.
But is this still useful for various artists compilations where every track would be from a different original release?
Fred 6 Feb 2019
I would love to do that. Especially when a i ended up with some stupid Radio compilation like UK list wanted top 20 hits...
Some compilation do make sense to stay together though : Charity concert, Duets...
I mean i'd keep together a compilation when ever something connects the tracks together. Soundtracks. To me, in these case, the album name would prevail over the artists name(s). namecategorzation
Dan Gravell 6 Feb 2019
It does mean you would end up with a lot of "albums" with only one track in them though. Is that not a problem?
Fred 6 Feb 2019
not to me.
Technically this could also lead to reduce more duplicates, or consolidate an album from several disseminated tracks.
It could also lead to discover some new music :)
The rabbit hole could also lead to something like "virtual album"... but let's do not go there just yet. :)