6
votes
Add Composer to "check tag accuracy"
Sorry if this has been requested (I'd be surprised if not) but I couldn't find it when searching. Could the Composer tag be added to the "Check tag accuracy" feature? This is one of the most problematic tags as there are so many (often terrible) ways that composers are tagged in metadata (Mozart, WA; W.A. Mozart; Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; Mozart, W. A. (1756-1791) ... and on and on). If this could be addressed, I'm sure a lot of classical CD collectors would be very happy - especially if there were a way to enforce a canonical version (name order, no dates, etc.)
6 comments
Dan Gravell 19 Aug 2018
Yep, should definitely add this in!
Michael 19 Feb 2020
The Composer tag is *really essential* for those of us who have large classical music collections. Composer is generally the main search field and the main point of access when looking up albums to play.
Could the tag be added to the rule options, please? Would like to be able to check for Composer Missing and also Correct to Canonical Form.
Need to bear in mind that this is very often a track-by-track tag, with many CDs such as song collections having a different composer for each track.
Dan Gravell 21 Feb 2020
Michael - what player are you using?
Michael 21 Feb 2020
I'm using Swinsian. (I'd be happy to help with any debugging/testing for this issue or any other, if needed)
Thomas Guenard 30 May 2025
https://isni.oclc.org/cbs/DB=1.2/SET=2/TTL=1/CMD?ACT=SRCH&IKT=8006&SRT=LST_nd&TRM=mozart
refer to ISNI.org
Dan Gravell 30 May 2025
@Thomas I'm guessing that database isn't open for queries...