68 votes

Add options to rescan button to rescan specific types

Matt Jenkins 59 supporters

Add more options to the rescan button for rescanning albums of the different statuses, and for forgetting and rescanning albums of specific statuses. I am thinking:

* Re-scan all Unknown
* Re-scan all Compliant
* Re-scan all Non-Compliant
* Purge all Unknown and Re-scan
* Purge all Compliant and Re-scan
* Purge all Non-Compliant and Re-scan

I often want to re-scan my collection, but don't need to re-scan the albums which are known as compliant, so being able to re-scan just the ones that need re-scanning would speed things up no end. Especially the ones that are "Unknown".

7 comments

Dan Gravell

Maybe the rescan button should be associated with the filter that is currently applied? E.g. if you have just non-compliant albums shown, rescan rescans only the non-compliant.

Adam

I also like this idea - especially the Re-scan all Non-compliant.

Regarding Dan's suggestion, I think it would be better to have the re-scan option stated in the re-scan tool so users are aware of the options.

Getting it to only operate on the filtered files showing could be an alternative, but then would be good to inform users that a filter is active and the action will only be done on selected filtered files. If not then users may think they have done a Rescan on all files, but actually only part of their music will have been rescanned.

Dan Gravell

Good point. Also there's a problem with associating the rescan button with the current filter - what about the album count? Is it only the 12 albums shown that are rescanned? So maybe the original idea is best.

Fred

"Re-scan all Unknown" <- I'm interested in this.

Dan Gravell

How about "Rescan all filtered" so only the current filtered albums are rescanned? Plus add an "Unknown" filter to the compliance filters...

That would be a little less cluttered...

Jason Matousek

Hi - Taking this idea further, is it possible to create a scan watch folder? I use a folder called zzzinbox for new music going into the library, then let Bliss do its thing. Would love to be able to create a routine that only scans that folder.

Dan Gravell

@Jason No - at the moment automatic "watch" scans ("Listen for file changes") work on all folders that are added.