8 votes

Rule to set composer as (album) artist

wvbesien 6 supporters

As explained here: http://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2012/03/13/are-composers-artists/
I would like to browse my classical music collection by composer. Mozart should be listed between Morrissey and My Bloody Valentine.

2 comments

Rico

Why not use the separate composer tag for this? I mean there is already a tag for it, so why not use it? Also I tend to disagree with this approach because today's artists could perform work from Mozart and then I want to see who the actual artist is, and mozart as the composer.

Dan Gravell

It depends on the music player. If your music player doesn't show the composer tag, and you want to browse my composer, then you're stuck.

I agree that ideally the composer tag should be used.

The whole manner by which 'classical' composers, performers, conductors and the like are tagged is discussed in http://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2011/03/23/composers-performers-soloists-conductors/