1 votes

Ability to exclude files fron being scanned at all

Stephen 2 supporters

Having spent many hours tidying up metadata and artwork it's really tedious to have Bliss rescan everything. Classic example is with artwork - many files have incorrect artwork (mostly classical) but of course Bliss will report these as Compliant (as artwork exists) but those that are OK I need to exclude from the scan to leave me just the ones I need to change. I suppose this is a tricky one as it would presumably mean adding a field to file itself that said 'exclude from Bliss' (and could be removed if needed).

1 comment

Dan Gravell

Ok - you need a way in the UI of excluding albums from a scan. There is a way of stopping this at the file system level, before bliss rescans a directory, see http://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2011/08/16/new-release-20110809/ . However, that only works before the album is recognised. Once recognised and inside bliss's database it will be rescanned anyway.