1 votes

Vortexbox Service Manager option

Gary Bond 3 supporters

I'm running Bliss as an installed service on my Vortexbox appliance. I was expecting to be able to see the status of the Bliss service in the Service Manager menu, with the option to stop/start as per the other services like SBS, DAAP, DLNA etc. Is this possible, or am I missing something?

6 comments

Dan Gravell

Thanks. This looks fairly simple to do manually - it's documented here: http://info.vortexbox.org/tiki-index.php?page=servicemanager

Doing it automatically upon install might be a bit more scary. It would be easier if there was a separate conf file for these items that could just be appended to.

Gary Bond

Thanks Dan, I'll give that a go.

Gary Bond

Hi Dan,

Just wanted to let you know that I finally got around to updating the service manager php page and it works a treat. Thanks for the pointer.

Dan Gravell

Thanks for letting me know. I'll leave this open; theoretically this could be added.

Could you paste the entry in your service manager php file?

Todd R.

This should be part of VortexBox's install routine or "possibly" have Bliss install check to see if it installing on VortexBox (if exists /opt/vortexbox?)

Anyway It is very simple to add your own service.
edit /var/www/html/libs/vortexbox_defs.php
locate the section that starts with "$baseservices = array"

copy the lines with sqeezboxserver.service to duplicate them before vortexbox player (the "<-->" are tabs) change "squeezeboxserver.service" to "bliss.service" and "Logitech Media Server" to "Bliss Service" as below.

<------>"bliss.service"><------><------><------>=> array ( <--->"Name" => "Bliss Service",
<------><------><------><------><------><------><------><------><------>"Status" => "Unknown",
<------><------><------><------><------><------><------><------>),

This allows vortexbox' routines to manage Bliss via systemctl start|stop|status bliss.service and displays the status like the other services.

Dan Gravell

Thanks Todd!