17 votes

Compilation specific file org pattern

Mats Larssen 11 supporters

The thing is that I have a lot of albums (4000 and more coming in) and the naming scheme for compilations varies somewhat. Some are tagged as a compilation (with the compilation tag), others are tagged with Various Artists in the Album Artist tag.

So I would like bliss to move all albums that are tagged with the compilation tag (see http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/2290707-auto-tag-compilations ) and has Various Artists as Album Artist into the Various Artists folder on my server (and hence rename the folder- and file-name).

Therefore, I want a specific file org pattern for compilations.

4 comments

Dan Gravell

Thanks for that. I actually split the auto tagging out into a separate idea: http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/2290707-auto-tag-compilations . I hope this is ok.

Dan Gravell

I merged the following idea from Bo Herrmannsen into this one:

---

again not sure if it has been suggested but could be nice to have rules depending on what type of album i have....

All my artist albums have the artist in album artist while my complications have the album artist field empty

now for complications i want my folder structure: Album name/tracknumber. trackartist - tracktitle

while an bryan adams album should be: Bryan Adams - XXXX /tracknumber. track title

in itunes everything is set to complication so that it sorts the stuff right
---

Charles Elliott

I would like this too and have a similar use case - for albums of genre 'Audiobook' I would like them to be put in a separate Audiobook folder and then organised by author etc.

Dan Gravell

Note that this is now possible (although not very user friendly - you have to edit configuration files): https://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2022/03/21/organising-compilations-with-rulesets/