39
votes
Be Able To Choose Album Art from Your Existing Collection
For Double Albums, Bliss will sometimes fail to find a matching cover for Disc 2. You may have chosen a particular cover for Disc 1 and then find that the only covers available for Disc 2 do not match. This could be fixed if one of your options for choosing Cover Art was from your existing collection of covers - especially if it was shown in "Most Recently Added" order - you could choose the same cover as you chose for Disc 1 with a couple of clicks. At the moment, my only option is to separately upload cover.jog from the Disc 1 directory - which is fine but not as easy as it could be.
9 comments
Dan Gravell 11 Jul 2011
Yeah, good point. This is something I have wondered about before, briefly. It would be very useful for those multi disc albums as you say.
Anonymous 23 Jan 2012
Or another workaround woudl be to paste in the URL of the Disc 1 image from Bliss interface. Seems to work for me.
Nick Phillips 2 Mar 2012
I must admit, I tried pasting the URL and it didn't work for me.
Nick Phillips 2 Mar 2012
It does seem kind of puzzling that Google returns wildly differing sizes of cover art for different tracks all from the same album, but as you say Dan, it's probably "just the vagaries of Google".
Dan Gravell 5 Mar 2012
The URL that you would need to paste would have to be the direct one to the image. You can find it by clicking an image on the album overview. For example: http://localhost:3220/thumbnail/LCD+Soundsystem/This+Is+Happening/?1330939691913
Eric TOLLET 10 Apr 2012
I agree with this, and think that a good way will be that in the list of quick album alternatives there were a possibility to copy/paste or drag/drop image from one disc to another one.
This will be useful for same album with several discs
Frank Köhntopp 18 Jun 2018
I would like to add to the proposal - I often have a great image in the files already, with no better one available in search, but non-compliance is based on there being more than one cover. It would be great if I could delete the wrong ones.
Markus M. May 19 May 2021
I do store a folder.jpg in the root folder of multi-disc albums. Would be great, if bliss would recognize this and probably copy this file to the disc-folders.
Dan Gravell 20 May 2021
@Markus do you mean if you have nested directories? E.g.
All Things Must Pass/
- Disc 1/
- Track 1.flac
- Track 2.flac
- Disc 2/
- Track 1.flac
- Track 2.flac
- cover.jpg
You're referring to "cover.jpg"?