I've had a few requests for this via email, thanks for suggesting it here.
I'm assuming you mean "use" for the file organisation rule.
The challenge with this is that because bliss runs rules for an album as soon as it finds it, we don't know whether or not another album with a different disc number exists. But there has to be some solution...
I just wrote a suggestion regarding this issue, which I'm pretty sure I then mistakenly sent to support. Sorry 'bout that. I was looking for a token or combination of tokens that would act as the IFMULTI in dBpoweramp. IF disc number is populated, AND disc total is not 1, THEN include disc number in naming.
When creating the folder/file structure I'd only like to have disc-subfolders if there are more than one disc. So 1 disc results for example in folder\file structure \<artist>\<album>\track 1.mp3 and 2 discs result in a folder\file structure \<artist>\<album>\<cd1>\track 1.mp3
5 comments
Dan Gravell 1 Feb 2016
I've had a few requests for this via email, thanks for suggesting it here.
I'm assuming you mean "use" for the file organisation rule.
The challenge with this is that because bliss runs rules for an album as soon as it finds it, we don't know whether or not another album with a different disc number exists. But there has to be some solution...
Dan 30 Dec 2016
I just wrote a suggestion regarding this issue, which I'm pretty sure I then mistakenly sent to support. Sorry 'bout that. I was looking for a token or combination of tokens that would act as the IFMULTI in dBpoweramp. IF disc number is populated, AND disc total is not 1, THEN include disc number in naming.
Dan Gravell 1 Jan 2017
Looks like I replied to your email anyway ;-) note the other suggested threads you might be interested in:
http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/3758349-add-logic-to-conditionally-use-tags-in-filename
http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/2313346-mediamonkey-like-renaming-options
Simon 10 Feb 2017
The solution is to use the totaldiscs metadata. If it exists and is greater than one, you know it's a multi-disc set.
Mark van der Vorst 13 Mar 2020
When creating the folder/file structure I'd only like to have disc-subfolders if there are more than one disc. So 1 disc results for example in folder\file structure \<artist>\<album>\track 1.mp3 and 2 discs result in a folder\file structure \<artist>\<album>\<cd1>\track 1.mp3