bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

1. Truncate filenames to comply with file system limits

Especially with classical albums, they can get very long file names or directory names which exceed the limit imposed by various file systems. If Bliss automatically truncated very long file names to comply with the file system then it would avoid orphaned files that get left behind when Bliss is cataloguing and arranging files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mass-review / Update of non-compliant items

Hello,
    First, sorry for the long post.
    Might I suggest a feature that is similar in output format to the Tag view output, but shows a list of changes for a type of tag, say Track Name with the current entry in one column and the suggested change in another and a third column with the commit button, but also a global commit button that will make all suggested changes.

For example, I have about 5000 entries that have invalid tag entries. These can vary from Genre to Track Name, but there are a lot of entries that need the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dark Theme or an option to get rid of the white background

I have hated the blandness Microsoft introduced with the Metro theme and it such a shame everything is following suit, please can I have the option to tone the Bliss interface down a bit

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow us to mark albums as "done"

Another really useful feature would be to be able to mark some CDs, or even directories of CDs, as "done", i.e., I am satisfied with these and bliss should ignore them in future unless I ask to see a full list (or I change the settings).

This would have 2 benefits - it could make bliss faster by letting it know it could just ignore certain items, and it would make it faster to see what bliss has done with something newly added which wasn't as expected (e.g. unexpected artist name / title etc).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. a new file name parameter rule for "Various Artists"

I'd like to have a rule that allows me to add Artist name to the file name as follows: <tracknumber:nn> - <artist name> - <track name> only when the album artist = "Various Artists"
    The normal naming convention is <tracknumber:nn> - <track name> when the Album Artist does not equal "Various Artists"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Consolidate Albums (soundtracks, compilations)

Not sure if this is a duplicate of "Albums and Artists Fusion". If you think it is, let me know and I'll move my vote.

I'm after a way to join albums that have different artists (manually if required). This includes both moving the files to a common directory structure, and making the album artist tags consistent.

There are a couple of scenarios:

1) iTunes puts compilations under Compilations\Album Name\tracks, but some of my music that has been ripped is under Various Artists\Album Name\tracks or Various\Album Name\tracks or Soundtrack\Album Name\tracks. It would be nice if Bliss could identify compilations/soundtracks where…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to clear and rescan part of the filesystem.

I've been using Bliss to sort out my aged and varied collection and it's working very well but... a full rescan takes hours so it would be useful to be able to recan just a part of the filesystem (eg .../The Artist).

I know that you can use Bliss to edit tags but it's much quicker to rip through files with shell commands, delete duff albums, rename artists etc and then get Bliss to check it out afterwards.

The database must know the filepath so it could verify that the files it thought were there still are (and clean it's…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Folder navigation in tags section

Add folder navigation to the tags section.
    Once the folder selected, the tags list will display tags in that folder (and sub folders) and the search box will work for that folder (and sub folders).
    (searching the whole collection is too slow with a huge collection of music)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automatic Removal of Duplicate Artwork

I would like to suggest an option or flag be entered in settings to automatically remove duplicate artwork.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add an "ignore words" list under Settings to facilitate proper sorting of albums and artists.

For example, "a" and "the" could be on the ignore list by default such that "The Nightmare Before Christmas" gets sorted with the N albums, not the T albums.

Making the list a modifiable setting would allow a user to add words for albums in other languages. For example, the user might choose to add "la", "le" and "les" to ensure that "La boite aux jeux jeux" gets sorted with the B albums, not the L albums.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BTR - Bum track removal

I am of the generation of album purchasers, and more often than not it contains a track that should be deleted from the album, but I just can't do that. A good example of this is by The Police, I like every single track the have made, except MOTHER. I came up with the idea a very long time ago. BTR - Bum Track Removal - now it is possible with digital versions, just create a genre BTR and mark that track with it, when used with Music IP you can set a genre NEVER to play - select BTR…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Inbox faster

My inbox is really slow to open, if it opens up at all. I suspect that this is because there are lots of entries. I've got 422 albums in my collection. Bliss is running on my Synology DS213+ NAS. Would it be a good idea to be able to mark some Inbox items as ignored, and have them then not show up be default. Because some suggestions (mostly for Title Case renaming) are just wrong. I'll make another suggestion for that.
    The same applies to Activity. Although that is quick to open, I don't need to see the past 600+…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Normalisation of "featured artist" info and "VS"

bliss should offer the ability to normalise all the "featured artist" info either as "ft." or "feat.", if it's written as "featuring". I tend to take it as part of the artist tag, so an option to transfer the whole "(feat. XYZ)" block between the title and artist fields would be nice.
    Note that feat. and ft. are not capitalised, and that foreign language releases may not use ft. or feat. to denote a featured artist. (Hungarian uses közr. and km., mainly in hip-hop music.)
    Also some collaboration in electronic music uses a "VS" which should be capitalised for consistency.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Autopopulation of ARTISTSORT / ALBUMARTISTSORT tags

Most file formats allow for an artist sort (and album artist sort) tag which music apps can use to organise tracks.

E.g., I have:
    ARTISTSORT=Minogue, Kylie
    ALBUMARTISTSORT=Minogue, Kylie

.. in my ogg files.

It would be good to force these tags (data might be extracted from musicbrainz).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop processing cover art sources when one has been selected

It appears that bliss continues to poll sources of cover art even when you have made a selection from those already found/ Once a selection has been made further polling should stop

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The ability of Bliss to accept the artwork already correctly attached in iTunes

In my experience Bliss has changed the artwork of my files transferred from Itunes to Vortexbox. Seems a strange thing to do if the artwork is already correct.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A mobile version of the user interface

I quite frequently find my self wanting to use this program from my phone when I am sitting on the couch watching tv or something, and since I run this on a headless workstation it would be nice to have the app detect that it is running on a mobile device and change the layout to fit it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notifications

It would be handy if there were e-mail notifications or some form of messaging to report when a job was completed and what issues, if any, there were.

This would be handy for unattended operation and for when there is further downstream processing. Is there any form of API that can be queried?

Would you be interested in adding these features, if necessary on a commercial non-exclusive basis?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

bliss

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base