bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

1. Automatic removal of whitespace

i have a lot of albums with whitespace in the album tag. Unfortunately i have to fix those manually.
    Is there a chance you could automatize: Check that ALBUM_NAME tags are trimmed of whitespace?
    Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Maintain settings for each folder

I would like to use Bliss on two different folders: one for FLAC files, basically my 'masters' with hires cover art etc. , then I convert that to a different folder (same structure) to MP3, where I need the covers to be 500px max. There is currently no way to do this. Does not need to happen in the same UI, having two bliss instances running at the same time (different ports obviously, different settings) would also work. Dockerize maybe...?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to code own rules

The existing rule base is a good starting point. Give the user more power with a codeable rule base: E.g.:
    If artist is "Beatles" and year is 1965-1968 then tag genre als "hard rock"

Just use the already available tags and mix them as you need.....

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rule for minimum bitrate

Add a rule for a minimum bitrate and bitrate type (CBR/VBR)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Various, Various Artists, Various artist

add a rule to force the same name for "Various_Artists" as album artist, if track artists are not equal.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integrate a music player

It would be nice to be able to preview/play a track. When track name disputes arise, this would be useful in validating which track you're actually tagging. (Among other uses)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. User definable items per page

Please can we have the ability to set the number of items per page to whatever we want, including infinity

The limit of 96 items per page in album view is arbitrary. It creates too much page navigation. Continuously scrolling pages are a much better UX.

But I appreciate that for very large libraries, users might want paging.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Backup and Restore of settings

Hi there,
    Would it be possible to implement a backup and restore feature of the settings using the Bliss webpage, rather than having to do so manually?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Composer to "check tag accuracy"

Sorry if this has been requested (I'd be surprised if not) but I couldn't find it when searching. Could the Composer tag be added to the "Check tag accuracy" feature? This is one of the most problematic tags as there are so many (often terrible) ways that composers are tagged in metadata (Mozart, WA; W.A. Mozart; Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; Mozart, W. A. (1756-1791) ... and on and on). If this could be addressed, I'm sure a lot of classical CD collectors would be very happy - especially if there were a way to enforce a canonical version (name order, no…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Check for duplicates across the whole directory

As Said above 👍

Currently duplicates are only checked for within an album. You should also check across albums.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better bulk duplicte deletion

The ability to detect duplicates is great, but deleting said duplicates is time consuming and clunky as bliss only allows deleting one file at a time and then rescans the album. When merging libraries I end up with hundreds of duplicates. It would be great to be be able to select them all from a list and then click delete only once to get the job done. Another idea is to have the option of removing all files ending in '2' '3' etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Numbers of entities per page

I know I can alter the URL to see more entities per page, but I'd like to choose a default number that can be used throughout and won't be reset.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Manual tag

When tagging manually I didn't notice that there is an option to automatically tag the rest of the songs, if one is populated by Album and Artist. It would be nice to have that option for albums that are not compilations, since all songs have the same artist and album name, right?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fine-grain filters in the COMPLIANCE IS section

As of 20170901 bliss shows 5 categories of compliance state. I'd like to see a finer grain breakdown of 'Non-compliant' and 'Incorrect Tags'. I see this as a valuable tool in managing a library.

I currently have nearly 300 albums in the 'Incorrect Tags' category but I can't see its components (i.e. Album name / Album artist / Track name / Track Number / Discnumber) unless I open the Why? drop down on each album individually. This is tedious and slow.

My ideal is to be able select a sub-set of Non-compliant or Incorrect Tags - for instance Album name…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Truncate filenames to comply with file system limits

Especially with classical albums, they can get very long file names or directory names which exceed the limit imposed by various file systems. If Bliss automatically truncated very long file names to comply with the file system then it would avoid orphaned files that get left behind when Bliss is cataloguing and arranging files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mass-review / Update of non-compliant items

Hello,
    First, sorry for the long post.
    Might I suggest a feature that is similar in output format to the Tag view output, but shows a list of changes for a type of tag, say Track Name with the current entry in one column and the suggested change in another and a third column with the commit button, but also a global commit button that will make all suggested changes.

For example, I have about 5000 entries that have invalid tag entries. These can vary from Genre to Track Name, but there are a lot of entries that need the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow us to mark albums as "done"

Another really useful feature would be to be able to mark some CDs, or even directories of CDs, as "done", i.e., I am satisfied with these and bliss should ignore them in future unless I ask to see a full list (or I change the settings).

This would have 2 benefits - it could make bliss faster by letting it know it could just ignore certain items, and it would make it faster to see what bliss has done with something newly added which wasn't as expected (e.g. unexpected artist name / title etc).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. a new file name parameter rule for "Various Artists"

I'd like to have a rule that allows me to add Artist name to the file name as follows: <tracknumber:nn> - <artist name> - <track name> only when the album artist = "Various Artists"
    The normal naming convention is <tracknumber:nn> - <track name> when the Album Artist does not equal "Various Artists"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Consolidate Albums (soundtracks, compilations)

Not sure if this is a duplicate of "Albums and Artists Fusion". If you think it is, let me know and I'll move my vote.

I'm after a way to join albums that have different artists (manually if required). This includes both moving the files to a common directory structure, and making the album artist tags consistent.

There are a couple of scenarios:

1) iTunes puts compilations under Compilations\Album Name\tracks, but some of my music that has been ripped is under Various Artists\Album Name\tracks or Various\Album Name\tracks or Soundtrack\Album Name\tracks. It would be nice if Bliss could identify compilations/soundtracks where…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to clear and rescan part of the filesystem.

I've been using Bliss to sort out my aged and varied collection and it's working very well but... a full rescan takes hours so it would be useful to be able to recan just a part of the filesystem (eg .../The Artist).

I know that you can use Bliss to edit tags but it's much quicker to rip through files with shell commands, delete duff albums, rename artists etc and then get Bliss to check it out afterwards.

The database must know the filepath so it could verify that the files it thought were there still are (and clean it's…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

bliss

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base