I suggest ...

Being able to use the group metadata field as a variable in naming the files before track title.

Some albums - and I’d like to do it with more of them - use the ‘grouping’ metadata field for Piece titles such as Symphony no. 9, or String Quartet no. 14 in C major, etc, in the grouping field, with the individual movements alone as the track title. This means they are nicely presented in my music playing software. Some of the albums - and I’d like to do it with more of them - use the ‘grouping’ metadata field for Piece titles such as Symphony no. 9, or String Quartet no. 14 in C major, etc, in the grouping field, with the individual movements alone as the track title. This means they are nicely presented in my music playing software. So where there is a grouping name I’d like to include that in the filename rule before the track title, like

<fileextension>/<genre name>/<album artist>/<album name>/<discnumber>?|<discnumber>-|<tracknumber>-<grouping>?|<grouping>-|<track name>

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Craig Hartley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...