I suggest ...

dry run

do a dry run especially for the freeware;
seeing the amount of "fixes" suddenly go down on my live library was terribly frightening.
I really need to know what will be changed where, my library is too large to let random software do something on it.

30 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to set "apply" the rules and "run" them later especially when I am pressed for time and want to shut the computer down. Otherwise you have to remember to set a staging filter as mentioned by Dan, which I did figure out to do... after the fact. In other words I second what Ami said on November 14th.

• Ami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nothing on this in many years but I was recently given the same shock when trying out Bliss. I believe the default, certainly for trial versions with 100 fixes, should be to touch NOTHING unless given explicit permission. I might not choose to "spend" fixes the same way, and while I would likely end up going unlimited, for those would buy fixes, which ones to expend should be their choice.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you copy say 10, or 100 songs into a different directory and run Bliss on that; then compare to your original files?

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally bliss would give you the ability to approve individual fixes. I realize this would no longer be fully automatic but there is still tremendous value in automatically finding uncompliant music and offering a one-click fix.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of having the ability to check what changes would be applied to my music files before actually approving them. I took me ages to digitize my 500+ CD collection and I certainly wouldn't want to corrupt my work.

• AdminDan Gravell (Founder and programmer, bliss) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fair enough Jeff. Actually, this is where I see the new activity stream work going (see http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan-gravell/5915273252/in/photostream ). I'm thinking the first time someone uses bliss, all the upcoming work is shown here for confirmation. Then, there's a 'latch' to automate all the actions, if that's what you want.

Obviously bliss's history is as a fully automatic tool - that's not something I would want to lose.

Feedback and Knowledge Base