I suggest ...

dry run

do a dry run especially for the freeware;
seeing the amount of "fixes" suddenly go down on my live library was terribly frightening.
I really need to know what will be changed where, my library is too large to let random software do something on it.

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JeffJeff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AmiAmi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nothing on this in many years but I was recently given the same shock when trying out Bliss. I believe the default, certainly for trial versions with 100 fixes, should be to touch NOTHING unless given explicit permission. I might not choose to "spend" fixes the same way, and while I would likely end up going unlimited, for those would buy fixes, which ones to expend should be their choice.

• AdamAdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you copy say 10, or 100 songs into a different directory and run Bliss on that; then compare to your original files?

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally bliss would give you the ability to approve individual fixes. I realize this would no longer be fully automatic but there is still tremendous value in automatically finding uncompliant music and offering a one-click fix.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of having the ability to check what changes would be applied to my music files before actually approving them. I took me ages to digitize my 500+ CD collection and I certainly wouldn't want to corrupt my work.

• Dan GravellAdminDan Gravell (Founder and programmer, bliss) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fair enough Jeff. Actually, this is where I see the new activity stream work going (see http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan-gravell/5915273252/in/photostream ). I'm thinking the first time someone uses bliss, all the upcoming work is shown here for confirmation. Then, there's a 'latch' to automate all the actions, if that's what you want.

Obviously bliss's history is as a fully automatic tool - that's not something I would want to lose.

Feedback and Knowledge Base