Skip to content

bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

99 results found

1. Broken Links

you have a lot of broken links for the Grateful Dead album artwork page "Grateful-Dead.html"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to sort by compliance type in Inbox

In the inbox (outstanding items that need to be completed), I would like the ability to sort todo's by non compliance type.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add non compliance sort by duplicate artwork

On the Album page, I would like the option to sort by non compliant duplicate artwork so that i can remove all duplicate artwork manually (since their is not an option to remove all duplicate artwork automatically).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Beter Guidance

Some more advice on settings would be helpful, i.e. what happens if you choose one option over another.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I really value this feedback but I cannot include it in the ideas forum because it is not measurable. I want to know when something is “done” so I can mark it complete. “Better guidance” is subjective.

I’d really like to know your exact usage so I can understand how better guidance would be appropriate – can you email me at support@blisshq.com ? Thanks.

5. inbox

There are too many items in the inbox. It's not processing what I defined in settings. For example, it's asking me if I want to capitalize each word when I've already defined this in settings. I don't know what closed class words means.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Paul, going to have to decline this as I want these ideas to be separate, distinct and measurable so I know when I can close them and people can vote for specific things.

If you want to create separate ideas for these things that would be great.

The inbox shows suggested fixes that bliss wants to apply given your rules but requires your say-so. Capitalisation is not automatable (yet), so always asks for your confirmation.

6. watch folder

The ability to have a folder that bliss watches for adding new albums to the library folder. This idea also solves the issue with redundant folders being left in the library folder after bliss performs automatic renaming and moving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. this thing is slow and pretty dumb,

I have no clue what service you're using to gather album art, but it takes forever to do its thing AND it can't find common album art.
    Van Halen 1984, Rush 2112, just to name only two very obvious albums it couldn't find. I bought this thing to save me time. I could have found the album art a lot quicker if this is "normal" for this program. sorry, no punches pulled. glad to give more focused info at your request.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll continue this by email. Looks like there were some problems on our cover art server last night which would cause this, in parallel I’ll check your logs to see if I can see what was going on. In the meantime I’ll close this, as it’s pretty difficult to measure when bliss stops being slow or dumb.

10. Automatic cover art selection

Cover art is the only thing which is not fully automatic. I am not that maniac about cover art so mostly would accept first cover art found within desired resolution.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The only aspect of cover art selection that isn’t automatic is downgrading data size (see http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/1813987-shrink-artwork-due-to-data-size-should-be-automa ). Cover art selection has always been automatic.

If it is not working for you, this will be because of a bug of some sort. Can you send me a debug archive (http://www.blisshq.com/support/reporting-problems.html) with some example album names whose album art were not completed automatically?

11. Remove One Click approve

Automate the adding and updating of music information. Why do I have to click to approve, it drives me crazy, add setting to approve all, for a server based application that should run in the background there should be no need for an approval to enforce names.

Ive had to switch to Musicbrainz picard app as at least there I can apply changes across all recommendations, and its free!.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback, and I understand this might be tedious.

However, I require the ideas here to be measurable as to when they are “done”. I do not wish to blanket force all fixes to be automatic, as some people are not comfortable with that. Instead, could you raise ideas to automate individual rules (e.g. the artist name rule), and then I can implement and close each item.

See, for example: http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/2387358-automatically-rename-genres and http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/1813987-shrink-artwork-due-to-data-size-should-be-automa

12. Piece of Junk do't work

This Program does not work! I Installed & started it but program is on my screen> this program is trash

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. DELETE

How do I delete bliss. It doesn't show up in my control panel list of programs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Couldn't lock file errors

Couldn't lock file errors especially on Linn Records

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul. This occurs when other software is also updating the files. Do you have other software running that could be reading or updating your music files? Try seeing if shutting them down helps. If not, please get in contact via email: http://www.blisshq.com/contact.html

I’m going to decline this idea for bliss for now because it’s likely to be related to other software. But please get in contact so we can resolve the problem.

17. faster?

Assessing my music collection (hundreds of albums) was taking tens of hours but activity monitor didn't indicate much cpu or network activity. I tried setting the scan to one folder with 4 albums on a local SD card. It still took about an hour to assess the 4 albums. When I previously used Bliss it behaved similarly but after some time really got going. It's now too slow to use. I've updated to the latest Bliss and the latest MacOS and disabled App Nap as you suggest. Still dead slow. Any log files I can send which might help?
    Bill

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for posting, I try to keep this forum just for measurable tasks… while it’s very important to have a fast app, making-it-faster isn’t descriptive enough to know when this is “done”. So I’m going to decline this, but I still want to fix this for you.

Have you rebooted since disabling App Nap? Remember you need to disable it after each reboot (a pain, I know).

Can you send me a debug archive – “Help” then “Download debug archive”. Send it to http://www.blisshq.com/contact.html

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Nice idea, and thanks, but with time and resources precious I need to concentrate on building great organisational features. I have considered adding an ability to play a track to help with identification, but bliss will never be a music player, even one that merely instructs another player.

19. Sorry - you lost me...

Installed on Mac 10.8.5 and pointed to my NAS. No albums found. Tried local computer. No albums found. The selector for setting the root dir was clumsy (most of the time it scrolls incorrectly and the final selection doesn't stick).

Nice idea, but if I can't even get the basics to work I'll move on :-(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback… I’m going to have to close this because all the ideas here need to be measurable, i.e. reasonably sure when they are “done”.

If you want me to look into this further (rgrds no albums found), please email support@blisshq.com with your debug archive (“Help” then “Download debug archive”).

I agree the folder selector is clumsy, looking to improve that soon and provide shortcuts to existing known locations (e.g. NAS music folders).

20. You match the name of the disc with the artwork

Whu use artwork for Beethoven when the Dosc is clearly named Mozart!!! And the disc is a set of discs already identified correctly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As requested in our support emails, please send a debug archive “Help” then “Download debug archive” and we’ll take a look at all of these issues. I’m closing this particular issue for this particular CD because it is a bit too minor… I want to fix ALL of the incorrect lookups.

• Don't see your idea?

bliss

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base