Skip to content

bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

99 results found

1. Interface Issues, and Override of Automatic Fixes

This is frustrating. I have an album from Boss Hog called Boss Hog. I have an EP from them called girl+. When I rip the EP, it is tagged more or less correctly by my Vortexbox. Bliss, however, renames the EP to the name of the album, and moves all the files into the album's folder. The only way to change them back seems to be to click on the Tags header, scroll through 10000 tracks that are not in any particular order (ordered by artist, yes, but not all loaded, and not sorted by track -- that's a pretty…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. bliss seems to bog down with latest release

Not sure why but bliss seems to have got stock at 207 albums. Last activity was fingerprinting some files about 30 mins ago.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Doesn't seem to work with root of HDD

I store my music in a partition X:\ but if I tell bliss to scan X:\ then it completes really quickly (1sec) without making any changes. If I copy all of the music to a subfolder (eg. X:\music), then Bliss operates correctly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add more options to folder and file structure rules

I would like to see the following options in the folder and files structure rules:
    1. Replace spaces by underscores in folder and file names.
    2. Use two-digit track numbers in file names.

This would allow bliss to match the behavior of the VortexBox CD ripper, so that albums restructured by bliss would have identical folder and file names as albums ripped on VortexBox.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. include mapped drives or network shares

hi, this looks like it could be great but for people like me who have all their music on a NAS server it can't scan any music on mapped drives or network shares.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Being able to select to view non-compliant albums only.

Currently, bliss lists all albums whether they are compliant or not. Given that I only need to work on the non-compliant ones,I don't see the need to list the compliant ones. Perhaps a Filter By menu option could be provided?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Errors in scanning with latest VB release

Error while executing ToleranceAutomaticFixerPolicyCommand

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.pattern.token.TrackNumberToken$1.findHighestTrackNumber(TrackNumberToken.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.pattern.token.TrackNumberToken$1.run(TrackNumberToken.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.pattern.token.TrackNumberToken$1.run(TrackNumberToken.java)
    at com.elsten.util.Some.map(Some.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.pattern.token.TrackNumberToken.evaluateUnrestricted(TrackNumberToken.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.pattern.token.FilesystemSensitiveToken.evaluate(FilesystemSensitiveToken.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.pattern.TokenListFileOrgPattern.filenameFor(TokenListFileOrgPattern.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.AlbumFilenamesLazyEvaluator.lazyEvaluate(AlbumFilenamesLazyEvaluator.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.AlbumFilenamesLazyEvaluator.assess(AlbumFilenamesLazyEvaluator.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.FileOrgPolicy$AlbumFilenamesLazyEvaluatorAssessor.assess(FileOrgPolicy.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.ToleranceAutomaticFixerPolicyCommand.execute(ToleranceAutomaticFixerPolicyCommand.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.AggregatedPolicyCommand.executeChildPolicy(AggregatedPolicyCommand.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.AggregatedPolicyCommand.execute(AggregatedPolicyCommand.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.AlbumComplianceUpdate.execute(AlbumComplianceUpdate.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.PerFixLicensedPolicyCommandExecutor.executeCommand(PerFixLicensedPolicyCommandExecutor.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.InMemoryMusicPolicyDistributor.albumUpdated(InMemoryMusicPolicyDistributor.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.PersistedActivationMusicPolicyDistributor.albumUpdated(PersistedActivationMusicPolicyDistributor.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.ThreadedMusicModelListener$2.run(ThreadedMusicModelListener.java)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Faster and working i.e. no Java

had java exception, can't upload artwork, very slow, next time I'll bring a cut lunch to the desk. Very interesting program , wish you well

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Unknown compliance. Rescan picks up the following error

Error while executing ToleranceAutomaticFixerPolicyCommand

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.pattern.token.TrackNumberToken$1$1.compare(TrackNumberToken.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.pattern.token.TrackNumberToken$1$1.compare(TrackNumberToken.java)
    at com.google.common.collect.ComparatorOrdering.compare(ComparatorOrdering.java)
    at com.google.common.collect.Ordering.max(Ordering.java)
    at com.google.common.collect.Ordering.max(Ordering.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.pattern.token.TrackNumberToken$1.findHighestTrackNumber(TrackNumberToken.java)
    at com.elsten.util.Some.map(Some.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.pattern.token.TrackNumberToken.evaluateUnrestricted(TrackNumberToken.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.pattern.token.FilesystemSensitiveToken.evaluate(FilesystemSensitiveToken.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.pattern.TokenListFileOrgPattern.filenameFor(TokenListFileOrgPattern.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.AlbumFilenamesLazyEvaluator.lazyEvaluate(AlbumFilenamesLazyEvaluator.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.AlbumFilenamesLazyEvaluator.assess(AlbumFilenamesLazyEvaluator.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.FileOrgPolicy$AlbumFilenamesLazyEvaluatorAssessor.assess(FileOrgPolicy.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.ToleranceAutomaticFixerPolicyCommand.execute(ToleranceAutomaticFixerPolicyCommand.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.AggregatedPolicyCommand.executeChildPolicy(AggregatedPolicyCommand.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.AggregatedPolicyCommand.execute(AggregatedPolicyCommand.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.AlbumComplianceUpdate.execute(AlbumComplianceUpdate.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.PerFixLicensedPolicyCommandExecutor.executeCommand(PerFixLicensedPolicyCommandExecutor.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.InMemoryMusicPolicyDistributor.albumUpdated(InMemoryMusicPolicyDistributor.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.PersistedActivationMusicPolicyDistributor.albumUpdated(PersistedActivationMusicPolicyDistributor.java)
    at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.ThreadedMusicModelListener$2.run(ThreadedMusicModelListener.java)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. You get the program working better with vortexbox

Hugely frustrating and tedious error 'failed to find server' regularly occurs. It's a known problem. Please sort it! Cheers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Until I get a more detailed description I can’t do much about this. Some improvements have been made in bliss on VB with regards a few database corruption problems, hopefully this has largely solved this idea now.

12. Provide a View Filter to Show Only Those Albums Which Are Non-Compliant

I am currently working through my collection and have a lot of non-compliant Albums, but I have to ignore all the Compliant ones as a search through. As my collection improves I will have to do more searching...a filter (or alternatively a search order which shows non-compliant Albums first) would help

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide an auto update mechanism for software releases

It's sometimes hard to keep up with the short releases cycle of bliss. I'd like to have a "Check for updates" entry in bliss menu.
    Clicking it would make bliss download the update, install and restart.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve the UI to look better on all platforms

The User Interface on firefox under stock mac osx 10.6 looks terrible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support for .ogg files

Support for Ogg Vorbis format

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A Windows Home Server add-in version of bliss

bliss should be implemented as a Windows Home Server add-in. This way it can be pointed to the music files on the Windows Home Server, and the Web based UI can be access to manage music on the server.

For some, Windows service support might be enough. Please see http://bliss.uservoice.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/1936175-install-bliss-as-a-windows-service

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After looking into the feasibility of this idea, I decided not to go forward. bliss is still installable on WHS using the standard setup.exe installer. An upcoming version of bliss will also include scripts to install bliss as a Windows service.

It’s a bit of a pain to create because MSI files have to be created on Windows, and the existing build is all automated in Linux. Actually it’s quite a large pain. During testing I was building the WHS version on a Windows machine in Amazon EC2, but to automate this build it would be a pain in the ass.

Furthermore the MSI installation was inelegant – you cannot easily install Java at the same time (you can only copy the files). Copying the files meant a massive 60MB-odd installer.

And I didn’t even get to test the MSI on Vail…

17. Add Album Art Exchange search

bliss should find art at http://www.albumartexchange.com/

There's lots of very high quality art there.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s with heavy heart that I’ve decided to shelve this idea for now. AAX has some great artwork but they just don’t appear open to allowing API access to get at the art. Until they do this an integration with bliss is impossible. If they do, I’ll re-open the idea.

18. Saving an image file in the album directory should be optional

At the moment, if a directory/folder contains only an album then bliss always saves an art image file in it.

This should be optional.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Yahoo image search

bliss currently uses Google as a 'fallback' image source if the authoritative sources cannot find the record. This is useful for badly tagged music and rare music. Add Yahoo as a source for such music and you have more of a chance of a correct match.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

bliss