Skip to content

bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

549 results found

1. Cannot update genre without Album Artist present

If Album Artist entry or entries are not present on tracks of an album, I cannot update the Genre. Once I add the Album Artist however, the change to Genre takes effect.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Save rules (only) button

Would it be possible to create a 'Save' button on the Settings page that will only save the rules configuration and not start the full re-scan of the library? (Like the current 'Apply rules' button does)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Don't suggest track names from low percentage matches

Example: Billy Joel: Cold Spring Harbor. I have at least 25 matches with correct track names and 90%+ match rating. One Italian match has translated names, and is a 85% match. Bliss wants to change my track names to the italian versions. Why? I also have to click through 25 linked matches until I find the one that might be suggesting the incorrect names. Majority rules! If I have many matches with the same name, why are you looking at the single different entry?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Reduce wordiness of duplicate file notification

Currently where A and B are duplicates, Bliss accurately reports that A is a duplicate of B and that B is a duplicate of A.

E.g.:
    "5-PianoConcertoNo.2inFminor,Op.21,CT.48Larghetto.m4a is a duplicate of 5-PianoConcertoNo.2inFminor,Op.21,CT.48Larghetto2.m4a,5-PianoConcertoNo.2inFminor,Op.21,CT.48Larghetto2.m4a is a duplicate of 5-PianoConcertoNo.2inFminor,Op.21,CT.48Larghetto.m4a"

This is needlessly wordy since if A is a duplicate of B we can infer that B is a duplicate of A!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Move unidentifiable albums to a custom directory of my choosing

I would like to see a feature that relocates (on the file level) all the albums that Bliss during processing ignores (or is never able to identify/make compliant) to a custom directory of my choosing.

This way I can continue identification work on those "rogue albums" with different tools, or simply just delete the albums alltogether.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Detection/Search for Unprocessed Tracks

99% of the time, Bliss Just Works (TM), which is great. But I do find that, for one reason or another, I'll get files (sometimes just 1-2 in an album, other times whole albums) that won't get processed. Finding them, and figuring out why Bliss didn't handle them is difficult at present. It would be useful to be able to quickly identify every likely music file in the library (e.g., everything with a .mp3, .flac, etc. extension) that Bliss has not processed, along perhaps with some code indicating what Bliss thinks might be going on. Was the file not able…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Missing discnumber makes album non-compliant

I can already disc number as "must be present", but a missing disc number doe not make the album non-compliant.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Which release does the cover art come from?

It is a bit unclear which release does bliss use to set the cover art. If the album has, lets say, five 100% linked releases we wouldn't know which one did bliss use.

Could this info be added to the Activity page somehow?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. folder art filenames should not be case sensitive even if the underlying file system is.

I am new to bliss and recently set myself up with bliss rationalising my Synology Audio Station popular music. A number of albums were missing cover art so I located and installed some. bliss continued to flag a number of these albums as non compliant/missing art. It turns out that in the failing cases I had somehow installed Folder.jpg instead of folder.jpg. My first thought was to add Folder.jpg as an acceptable name but it turns out that you cannot have two names which differ only by case and I had to go back and change them all by hand.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show track file size

Hi Dan,
    Show track size found in scanned user library to allow comaprisons of duplicated tracks sizes and therefotre which one to delete.
    Mainly under albums , select album show tags.... Is there anyway or support of adding track sizes. Perhaps also could be available under heading - tags, choose columns = track size. But not as useful here unless could also delete the unwanted duplicated track pending size.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Linked Releases (Discogs & MusicBrainz) catalogue ID

Would it be possible to display the linked catalogue ID as well as the release date?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. can duplicates be shown by artist instead of album to allow easier correction

by showing duplicates by artist I could make multiple corrections on say the beatles without having to find all albums that may have a duplicate. My collection which is large comes from many years of mp3's (now being replaced by flac) also can duplicates be shown where suffix (mp3, flac, aac) are not the same

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Graphics for artists

It may be good to allow the option of having bliss automatically select the first cover for an artist to display as the artist.

I have several Steely Dan albums and instead of just showing a box with the artist name, I'd like see a graphic of one of the albums (probably the first in the list) with the name underneath.

I assume not everyone would want this, but an option to do this would be good.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow fixes to associated tags

I keep thinking about using some of the tag fixing features, but worry that I may make my music more inconsistent, not less. For instance, I use ArtistSort as well as Artist, AlbumArtistSort as well as AlbumArtist, Conductor and ConductorSort, and so on. Some artists appear in many different guises, and I may include middle names for some people where others do not. If only Artist gets fixed, my system will be more inconsistent. So, to use the tools I need a way to indicate all the different tags that could be affected, including the Sort forms (in my case…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add new genre on-the-fly

Sometimes I am going through my Non-canonical genre report, and the genre for the album in question is not in my list of pre-approved genres.

I would love to be able to add a new genre, as keyboard input, which those files are then tagged with, and the new genre is added to the canonical white list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. tags page search & replace all & skip

As there is a search option already on this page would it be possible to implement an " if found replace with box" to allow a user to type in a whole or part of a tag search but then implement the change. Hence if a tag requires to be changed on mass then it would save a lot of typing.
    Perhaps have a global "replace all option" as well as a safer method of skipping through one at a time so if you have over looked something then you have an option to skip this incidence & skip to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Filtering/Searching on 'Linked Release' compliancy

It would be useful to be able to filter and differentiate albums that are only compliant by 'accident' - Ones that it hasn't been possible to find a 'linked release' as the tags are incomplete or invalid. By default, these are marked as compliant. It might also be useful to be able to filter on linked releases that only have a low confidence factor.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make compliance active from Rules with single button click

After library analysis according my rules I got the result:
    Artwork Too large - 278; Incorrect image format-156; but I already explicit put the rules previously so why do I have to go one by one to make clicks to do this actions. I bought bliss for batch and massive actions over a big, probably huge music collection. If I have to make it effective one by one it's a complete waste of time! Probably it's good to be presented like it was but then it should have the option to make it effective! If I'm seeing it wrongly or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Missing album art, auto own image.

Rather than having multiple missing album ar as potential fixes, have a default image of your own choice that automatically gets uplaoded & inserted into the music file. (done within the settings) When time allows you can search for no album art files & correctly change to an alternative if required or leave a is.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

bliss