I suggest ...

warn for missing & fill in missing tags info

To make good use of the search engine it's important that tags contain all relevant info. Like year, music genre etc. This is often missing in the embedded info

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    gbdgbd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan GravellAdminDan Gravell (Founder and programmer, bliss) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A beta has just been released which allows you to configure 'missing information' rules. If information (tags) are missing, then the album is uncompliant and bliss looks up the info on MusicBrainz, offering any data found as a manual fix in the album detail view.

When this is released next weekend I'll close this idea, and new ideas can be added for other types of information other than genre and year.

• GlennGlenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, that's it. Some minor A.I. logic would fill in missing YEAR tag after a CDDB etc. lookup.

• Dan GravellAdminDan Gravell (Founder and programmer, bliss) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok cool. Yep filling in tags has always been something I wanted bliss to do. We have to be careful to make sure the matching scheme is good enough of course, because the worst thing about automation is when you manually have to go back and fix things (I think so anyway!).

• gbdgbd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, that's it. And the same for genre. These fields are very often incomplete, and very useful when using e.g. squeezeserver. Thanks for a great program:)

Feedback and Knowledge Base