Improve usability when one track of an album is missing genre
I have a lot of albums where one or more tracks on each album are missing genre. My rules check that genre is present. These albums are flagged as non-compliant because ONE track is missing genre.
Clicking the Album Edit button and setting an album genre FAILS to update the tracks having the missing genres.
Here's the procedure to fix EACH album:
- Open the album
- Click Choose Columns (because the genre column does not show by default
- Select genre checkbox
- Click Choose Columns
- Click in an editable field
- Tab or Return to the missing genre
- Enter the genre
- Click Save
Multiply this time 287 and you understand my pain.
1) The Choose Column setting is not persistent and needs to be selected each time
2) The Edit Album feature fails to update the missing genres and they have to be done one at a time.
"The Edit Album feature fails to update the missing genres and they have to be done one at a time."
I don't understand this bit - what do you mean by "Edit Album"?
If, on the album detail page (not within the tags) you click "Edit" for the album and change the genre (you can also change the year an title/artist) all the genres in all the files should be changed.
If that isn't changing all the genres, please replicate, then send us a debug archive - "Help" -> "Download debug archive".