5 votes

Better bulk duplicte deletion

Joseph Derrick 5 supporters

The ability to detect duplicates is great, but deleting said duplicates is time consuming and clunky as bliss only allows deleting one file at a time and then rescans the album. When merging libraries I end up with hundreds of duplicates. It would be great to be be able to select them all from a list and then click delete only once to get the job done. Another idea is to have the option of removing all files ending in '_2' '_3' etc.

7 comments

Dan Gravell

Perhaps files ending with a number could be detected as the most-likely duplicate and have the fix by default - that way the Inbox and grouped album fixes could be clicked once.

Joseph Derrick

Or perhaps even automated?

Dan Gravell

Indeed - but automation can only happen, really, when there's some intelligence about allowing one file to remain.

Brian

Totally agree , searching for _2, _3 duplicates is time consuming.
I also agree multiple delete of duplicates, a great idea.
I would prefer not to have to press the 'Why button' to find out why an album is non-compliant. And it's most likely cannot find the artwork.
ps - The new activity page on your Instagram feed looks great.

Dan Gravell

Erm, which image is that?

PJ 1128

Can programs like Volcano's Duplicate Cleaner Pro. or Sorcim's CFC Clone file checker work with bliss or be used to help with bulk duplicates ?

Dan Gravell

I'm not familiar with them - they appear to be standalone programs.