82
votes
AIFF support
Any way for Bliss to support AIFF files? Most of my collection is AIFF and I would gladly purchase Bliss if you were to suppport it
completed Dan Gravell responded · 17 Nov 2015
This has now been released: http://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2015/11/17/new-release-20151110-aiff-wav-tagging/
57 comments
Dan Gravell 7 Sep 2010
bliss uses the JAudioTagger library for reading/writing tags. This library has no support for AIFF at present.
However, if there was enough backing for this feature (I understand this format is used in recording studios) , I would consider writing support and contributing it to the JAudioTagger project.
Asbjørn 7 Sep 2010
Thx for the feedback. I guess there is not many tagging programs supporting AIFF (probably due to many of them being based on JAudio Tagger project). Tag and rename can handle AIFF though, but lack the funcionality you provide.
I guess a lot of my fellow audiophiles would be greatful if AIFF could be supported sometime in the future (but I do understand that this must come through the JAudio project).
One last question to make sure I understand completly: Could I still use it along for instance Tag & Rename? Meaning, does Bliss read AIFF tags (but not support tagging those files) or is it not able to read AIFF tags at all?
Thx :-)
Dan Gravell 7 Sep 2010
No, bliss won't read the AIFF tags either I'm afraid...
Jeff 7 Jan 2011
I think most audiophiles using itunes use AIFF.
Therefore it is a must for me.
Bob 19 Aug 2011
I would also like to see support for AIFF.
Anonymous 25 Nov 2011
Let me add another comment to encourage support for AIFF formats. I bought the extra "fixes" on Bliss to address the missing artwork on my Squeezebox Touch for all my AIFF files so needless to say that idea didn't work.
Dan Gravell 25 Nov 2011
Hey Anonymous... email me privately - bliss@blisshq.com - and I'll refund your fixes. No point having them if you can't use them!
Anonymous 15 Jan 2012
I also vote for AIFF support...
Anonymous 18 Jan 2012
All of my high end files are aiff, so I'd love 2 see this feature as well
Anonymous 13 Mar 2012
I also would like to have more support for AIFF or m4a formats. 95% of my library is using some sort of lossless compression, or uncompressed files. I'm only using the trial ware at the moment so no loss, but if you supported these other formats I'd definitely be happy to pay up.
Nice work by the way. Great idea.
Helmut 31 Mar 2012
I would be very glad, if Bliss could support AIFF.
Anyway, the customer support is exzellent!
Dan Gravell 2 Apr 2012
Thanks @Helmut!
Willem 2 Apr 2012
Another vote for AIFF support. I have all my music ripped in AIFF ...
Rick Dry 6 May 2012
I too use AIFF format it enables embedded artwork I use JRiver as my player and tagger and it does it well there is also free tagger which is very good MPTAGTHAT.
This product looks great and will try it with my m4a files which is half my collection. I also have alot of WAV
rossop 23 May 2012
aiff support please
Matt McGrath 14 Jun 2012
Re comment by anonymous 13 March 2012: I think Bliss does work with m4a, if by that you mean the Apple lossless format. My Squeezebox seems able to access album art added by Bliss anyway.
Dan Gravell 15 Jun 2012
That's right Matt, Apple Lossless is supported already. AIFF is a different format.
Dave 16 Oct 2012
All my 25,000+ files are in AIFF.
The sooner Bliss implements this the better ;-)
Dan Gravell 5 Nov 2012
There are rumours that someone is working on this in bliss's underlying tagging API, JAudioTagger. That'd be great if that gets finished... saves me having to do it!
Jeff Glacken 24 Jul 2013
Aiff support needed
Tom Canavan 19 Aug 2013
Also want to see support for AIFF. Bliss looks like a great tool, but not helpful for me without AIFF.
Dan Gravell 12 Dec 2013
Merged in:
Since storage space is getting cheaper and after some attempts with different file formats I have decided to convert my ALAC files to AIFF. In that way I can have a master repository with uncompressed files to convert to other formats for what ever reason. After converting to AIFF I realize Bliss don't support AIFF files. Since I have been used to use Bliss I will miss it and hope AIFF will be supported in a near future. Please .... :-)
mvh/micke
Anonymous 3 Jan 2014
I'll chime in for AIFF support . Most of my library (85% or so) is AIFF.
Anonymous 19 Jan 2014
I agree. Over 3000 CDs all in AIFF now. I'd love to see the support.
Anonymous 27 Jan 2014
There are many, many in the "computer audiophile" work that use Macs to rip their CD collection and have their libraries in AIFF format based on recommendations by a number of "experts". On top of that, AIFF is one of the main file formats offered by HD Tracks for downloading.
Anonymous 19 Feb 2014
I will jump on the bandwagon and request support for AIFF -- PLEASE. I have 1.6TB of music that is almost all in AIFF and probably 10-15% of my files are missing something, mostly album art (even after manually adding a fair amount myself). I am another computer audiophile.
Carmine Dalto 2 Mar 2014
Great program- really need AIFF support
Disgusted 31 Mar 2014
All of my library is in .aiff, so you have just lost a new customer.
Why do we have to vote this in?
Why not get your finger out and support it?
Dan Gravell 1 Apr 2014
Too many ideas, not enough time, but the more votes that are gained the more likely this gets implemented...
Brett Schnittlich 19 Apr 2014
Just purchased unlimited Unlimited Fixes, and discovered that AIFF is not supported :(
Unfortunately, my entire collection is in AIFF format...with the exception of the 19 files your software discovered that I forgot to recode from ALAC...lol
Any chance that AIFF support is coming? Your software is amazing, but without AIFF, kinda useless for many audiophiles that store music in uncompressed format (I chose AIFF for the ability to embed artwork and tags in an uncompressed format).
Thanks!!!
Dan Gravell 22 Apr 2014
Brett, I've issued you a refund as it's clear you will not receive full value from your purchase. Hope we can get AIFF support soon...
Anonymous 26 Apr 2014
2 years ago in the format wars of better sound I started ripping in .aiff, I have 1.5T of files, many with missing info like artwork. I have not started on my classical collection because of the many problems there.
+1 for aiff
Nick 1 Jun 2014
Ahh!! Your program was almost a complete solution for some of my high end audiophile clients. I desperately need aiff support in order to offer end user support for clients so they don't need to do anything. I've installed AppleScripts, but i really want this to be fully automated. PLEASE add aiff support!
Dan Gravell 1 Jun 2014
I'm interested: how are you using Apple Scripts to help in this situation?
Ben Schramm 21 Jul 2014
Would really like AIFF support as well!
Tom Canavan 25 Aug 2014
+1 for AIFF! Please! This is such a great tool, but I'm an AIFF-guy.
Vade Forrester 21 Nov 2014
For Bliss to be useful to audiophiles, it must support WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, DSF, and DFF files.
Henry Lushington 29 Dec 2014
As a DJ I am totally committed to lossless formats in digital music. It is also vital to have accurate album artwork when DJing as viewing artwork when scrolling helps the ears choose the right songs. For that reason most DJs these days use AIFF files over WAV files. There is a huge community of DJs who would benefit from your software being able to manage AIFF files. Please can you update your software to include AIFF formats.
ckpiv 31 Dec 2014
AIFF Please
Anonymous 13 Feb 2015
Yes AIFF Please :)
Jeff 12 Jul 2015
AIFF please, that's my entire library.
gavin 6 Sep 2015
+1 for AIFF
Dan Gravell 7 Sep 2015
Can you make sure to click the "Vote" button to actually vote for this... the ideas forum does not count "+1" posts in the vote count.
Mark 8 Sep 2015
Would gladly purchase if there was AIFF support
Dan Gravell 21 Sep 2015
If there's anyone out there that can provide a few varied tracks that I can test a preliminary version of bliss with AIFF support, let me know...
Dan Gravell 13 Oct 2015
The library we use for tagging is just about to add AIFF and WAV support. Could anybody interested in this send me a few sample files?
Paul Taylor 16 Oct 2015
I suspect it will be coming because Ive now finished adding support for it in Jaudiotagger, in the meantime if you cant wait you could always give SongKong a go, this now has support for Aif and Wav files.
Dan Gravell 16 Oct 2015
Thanks Paul! Your work on JAudioTagger is fantastic.
Henry Lushington 5 Nov 2015
I could be interested in testing. What are of any the dangers? My music collection is my life!!!
Dan Gravell 5 Nov 2015
The dangers are the same as always, although I guess with slightly newer code...
Always keep backups.
You can always copy and paste sections of the music library into a "quarantine" area, run bliss on that, and if you are happy with the results copy them back over...
Dave 5 Nov 2015
I have a few left in AIFF and should be able to help.
Dan Gravell 5 Nov 2015
Thanks Dave, I'll be in touch.
Mark 5 Nov 2015
Hi Dan,
Happy to test the beta and report back.
Cheers
Mark
Mark 11 Nov 2015
Hi Dan
I'm not having any luck getting the Mac beta to open on OS 10.8.5.
My library consists mainly of AIFF, 2,500 albums and 37,000 tracks.
Hoping to be able to provide some feedback.
Cheers
Mark
Dan Gravell 11 Nov 2015
Mark, let's work it out in the email thread and I'll update this thread with the conclusion.
Brian 14 Nov 2015
I'd like to help with testing the beta as my collection is mainly AIFF
Dan Gravell 29 Mar 2020
@robert please add those as two separate new ideas - this idea is now completed so won't be tracked.