Skip to content

bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

549 results found

1. Failure to install artwork

Hello,

I'm getting errors when I try to select artwork for a CD. I'm selecting artwork that Bliss has automatically found on the internet. I'm using a Synology machine to run Bliss.

I get failure messages like the one below:

Exception while executing To install http://api.onemusicapi.com/20140925/images/caa/d2460d8f-a017-4faf-97b7-7f216cd00ca9/1563120989.jpg (273 x 280) java.lang.NullPointerException at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage.file.jaudiotagger.tag.CoverArtTagFieldMapper.getValue(CoverArtTagFieldMapper.java:28) at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage.file.jaudiotagger.tag.JaudioTaggerTag.getArtwork(JaudioTaggerTag.java:409) at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage.file.jaudiotagger.tag.FileLevelJaudioTaggerTag.getArtwork(FileLevelJaudioTaggerTag.java:147) at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage.file.jaudiotagger.JaudioTaggerStorageNode.getArtwork(JaudioTaggerStorageNode.java:213) at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.coverartpolicy.EmbeddedInstallStorageStrategyInstaller.storeArt(EmbeddedInstallStorageStrategyInstaller.java:94) at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.coverartpolicy.EmbeddedInstallStorageStrategyInstaller.install(EmbeddedInstallStorageStrategyInstaller.java:81) at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.coverartpolicy.CompositeStorageStrategyInstaller.install(CompositeStorageStrategyInstaller.java:53) at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.coverartpolicy.CompositeStorageStrategyInstaller.install(CompositeStorageStrategyInstaller.java:53) at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.coverartpolicy.UserResponseCoverArtAssist.execute(UserResponseCoverArtAssist.java:141) at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy2.PerFixLicensedPolicyCommandExecutor.executeResponse(PerFixLicensedPolicyCommandExecutor.java:81) at com.elsten.bliss.ui.model.Responses$.execResponse(Responses.scala:31) at com.elsten.bliss.ui.model.Responses$.com$elsten$bliss$ui$model$Responses$$execResponse(Responses.scala:42) at com.elsten.bliss.ui.model.Responses$$anon$1.run(Responses.scala:51) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Override artist case rules to enforce canonical spelling [was: Fix OST/O.S.T.]

As discussed previously...

Dan Gravell (Founder and programmer, bliss) commented · August 21, 2015 10:37 ·

Adding every artist name would not scale, so I want to solve this alongside the canonical artist rule. I think I could add a checkbox to the rule saying "if the artist is canonically correct, ignore the case rule".

That said, OST are an interesting one! http://musicbrainz.org/search?query=OST&type=artist&method=indexed

Could you add this as a new idea? The same fix can also be applied to album and track names.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix this problem... ?

System 'crashes' with error in Win 10: Exception while executing To install https://s.mxmcdn.net/images-storage/albums/3/8/3/5/0/3/30305383_500_500.jpg (500 x 500) java.lang.NullPointerException at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage.file.jaudiotagger.tag.CoverArtTagFieldMapper.getValue(CoverArtTagFieldMapper.java:28) at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage.file.jaudiotagger.tag.JaudioTaggerTag.getArtwork(JaudioTaggerTag.java:409) at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage.file.jaudiotagger.tag.FileLevelJaudioTaggerTag.getArtwork(FileLevelJaudioTaggerTag.java:147) at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage... etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Covers by Date

Hi, I am enjoying your program. Anyway, I'd really love it if Bliss would have an option to look at the covers it adds by date making it easier to double check things without having repeatedly look through the whole collection. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Disable over 2mb art compliance warning

I have a lot of art that is over 2mb. It would be nice to be able to ignore this compliance check.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I need to be able to easily copy the path of a file or album so I can open a tagging app (mp3tag or foobar, etc.)

...and easily get to the file's location. I find that in the bliss interface I can't even select and copy a path.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Folder navigation in tags section

Add folder navigation to the tags section.
    Once the folder selected, the tags list will display tags in that folder (and sub folders) and the search box will work for that folder (and sub folders).
    (searching the whole collection is too slow with a huge collection of music)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Move music files between libraries

Currently file organisation patterns move files within the same library. For example, if you had two libraries:

C:\Music\ripped
    C:\Music\live

And a pattern:

<album artist>/<album name>/<tracknumber>-<track name>

That would move files within each respective library.

But what if you wanted to move files between the libraries? Here's a way it could be done:

<library:C:\Music\live><album artist>/<album name>/<tracknumber>-<track name>

All files would be moved into the C:\Music\live folder, then into the correct artist/album structure.

Combined with having different rulesets for different libraries, this would afford a way of having a "quarantine" or "staging" library, then moving files into your "live" library once fixed.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bliss Docker Container

With the introduction of Docker to a number of NAS devices, in my case Sinology, it would be great to have a Docker Container to enable Bliss to run.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Problems to get the proposed features of Bliss

I use Amazon Cloud to store my MP3 Music (about 4000 Titles). Most of them I have uploaded from my Original CD's. Some of Titles are not proper tagged and also with wrong (or none) Covers. That's the reason why I have now ordered and installed the 30£ License for endless corrections. But after running Bliss no corrections was found. I have no better Music Library than before.
    Could you tell me, whats wrong? Is your Bliss less than all free progs on the market? You write so much interesting text about the cases. The search procedure is also strange,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Endless Scrolling!

Now that we are at the Web 3.0 and beyond, pagination is a thing of the past ... Time for endless scrolling for bliss!

No, that doesn't mean a user waits for the entire list to load, it just means that content is loaded in blocks, continuously as the user scrolls...

Think Tumblr... a great example of endless scrolling.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Disc number with minimum length (like track number)

In the Rename Music Files there is the possibility to use a fixed number of digits for the track number.
    It will be great if I can do the same for the disc number and also enhance by using a variable that hold the total number of discs, to obtain filenames like Disc 01 of 03 - Track 01 - Songs In The Key Of Life - Stevie Wonder

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Scan file system based on newest content.

When adding a new album and set Bliss to scan it woud be handy if it either only scanned the new content or start with the most recent changes to the file system so rather than waiting for the whole library to update and then fix non-compliant items they can be done pretty much straight away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. bitrate setting for filepaths

if you have mp3s in different encoding sizes, then you end up with one directory with both vbr and 64kb mp3s.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Recognize single wav/flac+cue

I ripped my entire collection to one wav and one cue file for best quality and no gap trouble, plus easy burning of replacement CDs.

But Bliss does not recognize the media! It recognizes media with one file per track, but not the single wav+cue approach.

Please add support for this. My file structure is as follows:

Pixies - Doolittle\Pixies - Doolittle.wav
    Pixies - Doolittle\Pixies - Doolittle.cue

Media players, including my Squeezebox setup, recognize this fine and show individual tracks so why should not Bliss?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Multiple Album Art

Multiple Album Art (Front Cover)
    for use in car audio systems that only read small thumbnail sized album art designated as the Front Cover. Yet still maintain a larger album art also designated as a front cover.
    May need to have a option to allow this behavior as well as a threshold for the thumbnail size that is independent of the main album art.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. size issues

So, I set my rules to 500x500 min and max based on my application and some art was applied at random sizes like 320x236 or something. I then had to dig in and look to see if a 500x500 was available and lo and behold, in every case there was. Why does it not follow the rule when it pulls the correct size according to the specified rules? It costs me 2 fixes rather than one to sort this out!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make a war package available for easy deployment on qnap systems using tomcat

I've just installed the Subsonic 'war' package using tomcat on a qnap device and it was so easy. It would be great if Bliss was available as a 'war' package too.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. An alpha grouping to speed navigating through artists and albums

A quick short-cut link menu across the top of the albums and artists web pages like [A][B][C][D]...[Z] to allow jumping ahead to the targeted album or artist. Far quicker than having to page through all items whether from beginning or end.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

bliss

Categories