bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

1. add tag update feature

Don't know if this has been said before but could be super nice to update the tag from all the Free databases out there

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Force Genres

It would be helpful to be able to use the existing map structure of windows to enforce genres. For instance when I scan one map where I have all my Jazz music it would be great if all albums during that scan would be forced to be renamed as Jazz. This would save a lot of time as there otherwise will be a lot of different suggestions ...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Find artwork for singles that are part of compilations

I have a number of 7" and 12" Singles in iTunes, many are recorded from vinyl, others are part of compilations, others just solo downloads from iTunes etc.

Would it be possible for Bliss to acknowledge things like compilations and, as an option in addition to ALBUM artwork, look up artwork based on TRACK name and ARTIST to find the single's artwork?

At present I have to do this manually via Discogs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. reduce size for large art.... over 2 mb

i have some albums that have LARGE art in it that i want to reduce... and i cant findt it anywhere on the net... so would be supernice to be able to reduce the size even if over 2 mb

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Re: Album artist. Blissgives me no choice in determining what I prefer as a "compliant" entry.

Re: Alblum artist. Bliss defaults to the found alblum artist, but gives me no choice in determining if I want that as a "compliant" entry. For example; in the 1987 album Anything Goes, the "complaint" album artist enrty according to Bliss is "1987 Original Broadway Cast". But I would prefer "Various" or Various Artist. When I make that change with a tag editor, the album remains uncomplaint, but THAT is the way I would prefer it, so when I sort via artist in my preferred player, this album shows up correctly FOR me.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Wikipedia search button at artist and album level on web interface

With the correction of tags, year and genres it would be great if you added a button that opened a new webpage that used wikipedia (or maybe other music search engines that the user selects). If you are at artist level that is what it gives you a webpage about that artist so picking the correct genre is easier. If you are at the album level then it searches on the album and gives you that information. At the moment I am doing this manual as I try to edit/update metadata.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Musepack support

Someone's already requested aiff tag support, I'd really like to see musepack support too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. update multiple art changes for various artist albums at once

I have a box set of various artists -- bliss got something like 60 covers wrong, and it seems like I have to change them one at a time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The ? condition should have an else option.

I generally use the ? to check if something exits, if true do this, if not do that.
    Example
    <discnumber>?(<discnumber>,1)<tracknumber:nn> so if i have multiple discs I get 101, 102, 201,202 etc.. and if is only one or not set I get 101,102, etc

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. An album filter to show the last N new additions

I would like to be able to filter my albums on the last N additions -- that is, I would like to be able to see the last N CDs that I have added to my collection. N doesn't have to be an arbitrary number, but it would be nice to have a reasonable set of defaults for N.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add ability to filter and print the activity log

After Bliss has completed its library scan, it would be good to be able to identify those albums which Bliss touched and, more importantly, which ones it didn't (or couldn't).

Being able to filter the activity log by "found non-compliant" or "modified" and then printing that filtered list would make it much easier to then go through and manually correct those albums

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add columns (Album, Tracknumber,... ) in manual tag editor

Yesterday I've tried the manual tag editor and it works great. But then I selected a folder where all songs only have 2 Tags (Titlename and Artistname).
    And I've found no way to add an additional column, e.g. Album, to add the album info.
    When the folder contains only one song with an album info you have the option to add the album info to each song.

An example:
    http://goo.gl/EAl3x

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Manipulation of Genre(s) so you can avoid 131 Genre etc...

I have the old numbered genres tagged in my files and iTunes must automatically display them the way they should but my Sonos doesn't behave this way and gives me a bunch of numbered genre's.
    So I suggest a way to list all genre's that are in your library and then be able to edit those by a simple tag this tag that script so you can swap 131 for whatever it is meant to be. (I think 131 is Indie btw)
    Well that's just one simple idea for one specific editing feature of possibly a more complete genre database…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Switchable alphabetical sort

Currently bliss display album covers sorted by artist or album name etc.
    The fact that names are sorted result in thumbnails constantly appearing before the "current" mouse position thus shifting position of album you're working on.
    If albums thumbnails were displayed in the same order that they are scanned it would allow me to be more productive by not invalidating the working screen area.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Tag editor: Add the ability to select directories for batch operations

Ex: you want to take a multi-disc set that is not marked as a compilation and mark it as a compilation. Or you want to take a set of directories by the same composer and add the "Composer" tag.

Being able to select whole directories instead of individual files and then to apply the same operation to all the audio files in those directories would make operations like these easy to do.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. bliss seems to bog down with latest release

Not sure why but bliss seems to have got stock at 207 albums. Last activity was fingerprinting some files about 30 mins ago.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. setup.exe should be otherwise named e.g. bliss_setup.exe

WIndows doesn't seem to like files called setup.exe - it's nags might worry some users and put them off. Also makes the file easier to identify once downloaded.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Re-apply recently used artwork to a different album

I'm encountering a problem where there are a number of tracks, one after the other for the same album. Sometimes te "missing album art" search through Google is successful in finding the right cover art yet on subsequent occasions for tracks from the same album it doesn't work. For some reason the "add URL" if I copy and paste from an "Apple I" dialogue box does not work. Would it be possible to have a "repeat" or "ditto" or "holdover" tab that just held the previous artwork's details over for the new track?

Bliss is just what it says by…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unfold uncompliant reasons for all albums

Half of my clicks go to the "why?" uncompliant link, for each album.
    Some way to unfold content hidden behind all these "why?" links on the page in one click would be nice.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

bliss

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base