Skip to content

bliss

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? We really want to hear from you!

549 results found

1. Be Able To Choose Album Art from Your Existing Collection

For Double Albums, Bliss will sometimes fail to find a matching cover for Disc 2. You may have chosen a particular cover for Disc 1 and then find that the only covers available for Disc 2 do not match. This could be fixed if one of your options for choosing Cover Art was from your existing collection of covers - especially if it was shown in "Most Recently Added" order - you could choose the same cover as you chose for Disc 1 with a couple of clicks. At the moment, my only option is to separately upload cover.jog from…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Normalisation of "featured artist" info and "VS"

bliss should offer the ability to normalise all the "featured artist" info either as "ft." or "feat.", if it's written as "featuring". I tend to take it as part of the artist tag, so an option to transfer the whole "(feat. XYZ)" block between the title and artist fields would be nice.
    Note that feat. and ft. are not capitalised, and that foreign language releases may not use ft. or feat. to denote a featured artist. (Hungarian uses közr. and km., mainly in hip-hop music.)
    Also some collaboration in electronic music uses a "VS" which should be capitalised for consistency.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Auto tag compilations

bliss should auto tag compilations. I would like bliss to tag every album that has either Various Arist (or some other similar moniker in a defined set) in Album Artist tag with the compilation tag and tag every album that has the compilation tag with the same Various Artists title in the Album Artist tag.

See also http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/1760321-add-setting-for-compilation-directory-name-seems- which occurs because the "various artists" alias in bliss is hardcoded to "Various".

The reason for me wanting this is so that I can get control over all my compilationalbums when I look through my album collection on my music player. If…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Integrate with Music Magic Mixer

If this could somehow be combined with Music Magic Mixer (also called MMM, Music IP mixer, Predixes Music Mixer and probably other names) it would be great. MMM creates playlists based on the sonic signature of the songs. It's now an orphaned software. I think it is open source. I've never found anything to take it's place. Quite slick. Just needs to be maintained, renamed (to Playlist maker or something so it doesn't get mixed up with recording software) brought up to date and marketed. Sounds simple. Right?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Auto update iTunes when bliss has changed an album

bliss integrates with iTunes by editing the music files that iTunes reads into its database. For artwork, it embeds the artwork into the file.

However, iTunes does not know that tags have been changed or artwork has been added. You have to use the "Get Info" option in the iTunes interface, for instance, to force iTunes to rescan for artwork.

Instead, bliss should tell iTunes that it should rescan automatically, once tags or artwork have been changed.

Note that a separate idea for rescanning iTunes when file locations have been changed already exists: http://bliss.uservoice.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/1450921-update-itunes-database-when-bliss-moves-files

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Auto tagging for albums whose tags are partially incomplete

It would be nice though if the program could address tags that are partially incomplete too--- ie. if it senses only some info missing it gi

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Autopopulation of ARTISTSORT / ALBUMARTISTSORT tags

Most file formats allow for an artist sort (and album artist sort) tag which music apps can use to organise tracks.

E.g., I have:
    ARTISTSORT=Minogue, Kylie
    ALBUMARTISTSORT=Minogue, Kylie

.. in my ogg files.

It would be good to force these tags (data might be extracted from musicbrainz).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Control over the case of a file/folder name

Currently bliss always performs case sensitive comparisons of music tags to file/folder names. It should be optional to force bliss to consider what a file/folder name should be in light of a preferred case.

For instance, when using <fileextension> to organise music files by their file type, it would be useful to be able to enforce capitals, otherwise on case sensitive file systems we may end with folders like mp3/, MP3/ and so on.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Text log, list or csv file of non-compliant albums

Hi- I've decided to upgrade the art in my collection to higher resolution. The scan has just finished of 4000+ albums and I'm getting 1106 non-compliant.

I would like to research new art away from my desktop (on which Bliss is running) and come back armed with URLs to add, or maybe just spend a day scanning CD covers :-(
    My problem is that I cannot obtain a concise list of the non-compliant albums.
    I have tried dumping the debug files into excel but they are too big and don't appear to be 'sortable'.

Please could Bliss provide a log…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Handle folders containing Singles

I have a main folder called "Full Albums" which contains the folder structures defines in my rules. I also have a number of folders like "Various - 00s", "Various - 90s" etc. Each of this folders contains lots of individual mp3 singles, each mp3 has it's own genre, year and file naming convention (without track numbers).

The only way I could think of doing this is allowing multiple music folders, and allowing us to setup rulesets for a each folder (or group of folders).

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Error Report

This one is not an enhancement suggestion - just an error report. I acceepted a suggested cover image for an album, and it seemed to sit there longer than expected. So I clicked on the album title to go back to the album's page, and this Java exception was displayed near the top of the page:

Error while executing AutomaticFixerCoverArtCommand

java.awt.color.CMMException: LCMS error 12288
    at sun.java2d.cmm.lcms.LCMS.getProfileData(Native Method)
    at java.awt.color.ICCProfile.getData(ICCProfile.java:1310)
    at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.setImageData(JPEGImageReader.java:652)
    at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.readImageHeader(Native Method)
    at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.readNativeHeader(JPEGImageReader.java:593)
    at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.checkTablesOnly(JPEGImageReader.java:338)
    at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.gotoImage(JPEGImageReader.java:470)
    at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.readHeader(JPEGImageReader.java:586)
    at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.getWidth(JPEGImageReader.java:683)
    at com.elsten.bliss.policy.coverart.lookup.common.CoverArtUtils$2.run(CoverArtUtils.java:145)
    at com.elsten.bliss.policy.coverart.lookup.common.CoverArtUtils$2.run(CoverArtUtils.java:1)
    at com.elsten.util.Some.map(Some.java:19)
    at com.elsten.bliss.policy.coverart.lookup.common.CoverArtUtils.dimensionsOf(CoverArtUtils.java:141)
    at com.elsten.bliss.policy.coverart.lookup.common.CoverArtUtils.openImageDimension(CoverArtUtils.java:202)
    at com.elsten.bliss.policy.coverart.lookup.common.CoverArtUtils.openImageDimension(CoverArtUtils.java:191)
    at com.elsten.bliss.policy.coverart.lookup.common.ApproximateCoverArtSizeConstraints.complies(ApproximateCoverArtSizeConstraints.java:79)…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Implement styles and moods tagging from Allmusic.com

The genre tagging from Allmusic.com is already implemented. Moods and styles would be an awesome addition.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add setting for Compilation Directory name.

Provide the ability to have a different folder for compilations.

Currently, the artist seems to default to 'Various'. The directory name could begin 'Compilations' for example.

Here's a similar idea to vary rules according to genre: http://ideas.blisshq.com/forums/21939-bliss/suggestions/36753685-individual-rulesets-for-different-genres

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. cover art not uploading

I bought a track of Get Lucky off Amazon. It is not displaying the cover art. When I try to upload an image of the album art I got off the web, it will not upload. This is frustrating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Better log output.

Right now there isn't really any way to tell what is going on... Why not print messages to somewhere like "Embedded artwork from X into Y files of Z album"?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Distinguish albums with the same album name from the same artist by year

Some artists release several albums using the same name (e.g. Weezer with 3 albums named "Weezer"). These currently will appear as 1 entry in bliss, making it hard to assign different artwork for each entry. Suggestion: check if entries exists with the same album name but different years and file them as [Album Name] ([Year]).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Possibility to set file types to scan

At the moment, bliss scans all file types of mp3, m4b (, ...?) in the given folders. If I don't want to scan audio books it's not possible, so these entries appear also in bliss.
    I would like to have some check boxes in the settings where the supported file types can be activated or not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

bliss